Though social media is a useful tool that is increasingly gaining importance when it comes to digital marketing, there is no guarantee that all of your customers will have a Facebook, Snapchat, or Twitter account. On the other hand, one thing that you can be pretty sure of is that they will have an email account – and that is something that can really work to your advantage.
While most companies are already committed to a solid email marketing strategy, I know that a few businesses are still hemming and hawing over whether or not it is worth their time and money. Still not convinced that email marketing is the way to go? AfterOffers.com has put together an infographic that provides a wealth of information on email marketing – check it out and see if it doesn’t get you excited to plan your next campaign. Let’s look at some of the stats most important for B2B marketers.
Key Stats on Email Marketing:
1. Transactional emails get 8x the opens and clicks of other types of email and can generate 6x the revenue.
2. 53% of emails are now opened on mobile devices (so keep them mobile-friendly!)
3. 23% of readers who first open an email on a mobile device re-open it later.
4. 82% of companies use email marketing technology.
5. Personalization helps boost click-through rates by 14% and conversions by 10%.
6. Personalization improves transaction rates 600%.
7. 95% of companies that use marketing automation are doing email marketing.
8. Compared to Facebook or Twitter, email marketing is 40x more effective for acquiring new customers.
9. Email marketing has an ROI of 3800%!
10. Messages in emails are 5x more likely to be seen than those on Facebook.
11. 91% of online adults use email, and 61% use it on an average day.
12. Sending two emails per month will net you the highest open rates.
13. Segmented campaigns can earn 760% increase in revenue,
14. Employees spend an average of about 13 working hours per week in their email inbox.
15. Email subscribers are 3x more likely to share your content on social media.
16. Email ROI is 28.5%, compared to 7% for direct mail.
17. 50% of marketers predicted that their companies would increase spending on email last year.
18. 74% of marketers agree that personalization increases engagement rates.
19. Go for a Call To Action button instead of a text link – it can boost conversion by up to 28%!
20. 83% of B2B marketers send email newsletters.
21. Almost 60% of email subscribers spend 10-60 minutes looking at marketing emails each week.
22. Marketers see an average increase of 20% in sales due to personalized web experiences.
23. Automated email marketing boosts open rates by 70.5% and click-through rates by 152%.
24. 53% of marketers believe ongoing, personalized emails lead to moderate to significant revenue impact.
25. Emails triggered by behavior caused revenue to jump by 30% in 2014.
26. 56% of companies use an email marketing provider and are 75% more like to purchase marketing automation software during the next 12 months.
27. In 2013, personalized promotional emails had 29% higher open rates and 41% higher clickthrough rates.
28. 72% of people would rather receive promotional content through email, while 17% prefer social media.
29. 4.24% of visitors that find you through email marketing end up making a purchase, compared to 2.49% from search engines and 0.59% from social media.
30. 90% of email makes it to the recipient’s inbox, while only 2% of Facebook fans will see your updates in their newsfeed.
31. The number of email accounts worldwide is predicted to increase to over 4.3 billion by the end of 2016.