Search Engine Optimization, or popularly known as SEO, is a crucial component of outgoing sales strategy so that new customers can find you. Creating a website and maintaining it is not enough to sustain in the world of growing digital marketing. Here, the goal is to attain a consistent flow. And for that to happen, you need to maximize the Return on Investment (ROI) from your SEO. Hence, you can invest more and generate more earnings along with the growth of your business.
If you successfully earn more ROI, you can also cover up hiring development and design experts’ expenses. Getting a decent return on investment and gaining organic traffic will definitely take up a lot of effort, time, and hard work.
What is SEO ROI?
Most simplistically, SEO ROI means measuring the return on investment (ROI) of search engine optimization (SEO). You can calculate SEO’s ROI by checking the organic website traffic, goal completions, and search engine rankings. The formula is:
SEO ROI= (Gain from Investment – Cost of Investment) / Cost of Investment.
You can measure SEO ROI monthly, quarterly, and yearly since it is a long-term strategy. But don’t always expect a good SEO ROI; it will depend solely on your business. Therefore, we bring you a few best tactics to get a visible return on investment from your search engine optimization.
6 Best Techniques To Get Viable SEO ROI.
Below you can find few of the best methods by which you can turn your search engine optimization for return on investment. In short, attract traffic and generate revenue.
1. Write In-Depth Content: Useful and valuable content is a significant element of search engine optimization as well as your website. Good content created for your target audience helps attract more traffic and achieve a higher ranking on SERPs. As such, you should be careful in writing in-depth content. Your content should give your readers a long and detailed answer specific to any queries they might have searched for.
Research has also proved that content with a word count crossing 2000 words will likely increase more organic traffic than the blog with a lesser word count. You can ultimately engage your readers through long, detailed, and research-based content or blog posts. The search engines also approve of high-quality, valuable content. The more organic traffic you receive, the more return on investment you will achieve.
2. Add Internal Links: One powerful way to improve search engine optimization (SEO) is to add internal links to your quality content. It is also researched that adding internal linking’s can improve organic traffic by 40%. This method helps to boost the link-flow on your website. Overall user experience will also improve through relatable content linking. For instance, guest posting services can help interlink similar pages related to sight-seeing places.
As per the search engine, the number of internal links pointing to a page is a signal to search engines about the relative significance of that page. As you see, Google does rank pages based on internal links too. Thus enhancing your site’s search visibility and pulling in traffic to raise the revenue of your site.
3. Search Intent Optimization: Search intent, in layman’s terms, is why the user is searching this online. Because every online user has different intentions, either to learn or to find answers or to maybe buy/sell something. In cases, search engine rankings are necessary when users may search for a specific website. You just have to make sure that the desired keywords on the page correspond to the user’s intent.
Google also made improvements in its algorithm following the search intent of users to identify high-quality web-pages. SEO is known to be highly dependent on the users’ intent. For instance, a digital marketing agency should consider both international and domestic users’ search intent.
4. Mobile Optimization: In this age of mobile phones and digital media, around 60% of the searches are from phones. In such a case, a mobile-optimized website is likely to load faster and show higher on SERPs. So, you should design your website that is optimized both for mobile phones and PC/Laptop simultaneously. This design is termed as Responsive design to make your site responsive on any mode.
Users searching more by phones should not be the only optimization, though. You should also make voice search optimization along with it. This is because you as well as your users, both need better convenience in a short time. By doing so, you can expand the scale of your site’s responsiveness and improve user experience.
5. Performance Test: Handling a website includes many complicated never-ending steps. You do digital marketing, several optimizations, but you still need to do a performance test for other anomalies. And for a fact, testing is not only meant for the internet load speed of your website. Google will rank your site based on delivering an excellent user experience of all users put together. You should continuously test your website load speed on various devices like mobile, tablets, desktops, or PCs/laptops. You can also ask your developer to use automated load testing like BrowserStack.
6. User-Generated Content (UGC): User-Generated Content (UGC) is the type of content that is produced and advertised by unpaid sponsors. Dedicated brand followers or loyal customers of a specific business creates this user-generated content. They do not promote their content along with the brand as customers don’t trust any brand blindly. The users themselves read them and bring them up front to a broader audience.
Through user-generated content, you take advantage of your customers’ social media channels and expand your reach to a more potential audience. It is researched that 69% of people have social media accounts. The reviews or feedback that may come from your content will give you different perspectives about your users. The knowledge that you obtain will help you where and how to do the optimization on your site. That will further help in the improvement of both SEO and ROI.