Restaurants are purely driven by customer satisfaction, whether it is with the food, the ambience, the staff and service or even the location. And to measure Customer Satisfaction, you need to take feedback from your customers. Customer Feedback or Restaurant Guest Feedback is all about the perceptions and reviews of your customers about your restaurant and the food and services provided at your restaurant.
Guest Feedback at restaurants is crucial to obtain in order to know the real insights as to how the guests actually feel to dine at your restaurant. And the best way to obtain it is to gather it through a restaurant feedback survey which you can use at different touchpoints with the help of a good Restaurant Feedback Software.
Now, when you start creating a survey, the first question that arises is what questions should be asked to the customers. Taking a decision on the questions is the core survey decision that determines the success of your survey.
So here are 30 such questions from different categories that you can choose to include in your surveys to have a successful survey. I’d advise you to NOT include all the 30 questions, as that would make your survey really long and one of the key best practices of creating an effective survey is to keep it short and simple.
But these questions will help you out to create a productive survey fetching you important data. You can choose among them as per the relevancy and requirement of your survey.
Questions To be asked in a Restaurant Survey
When you start creating a restaurant survey, you must include three of the most important questions. These questions are:
- How was your overall experience at the restaurant?
- What was your best experience at the restaurant?
- What was your worst experience at the restaurant?
Here, these questions are described as most important because they will let you know the core aspects of your restaurant business which you should focus on for improving your business.
You will be able to focus more on the aspects which your guests think are worst and thus improve your business by taking effective business decisions about them. Likewise, you will get to know the strengths and will work on maintaining them to strengthen your business.
General Feedback Questions
Here are some questions of general nature which you should ask your customers to know about how they came to know about you and visited your restaurant. This also includes asking about some basics of your restaurant that help you to know the general perception of the customers about your restaurant.
- How did you get to know about our restaurant?
- When did you visit our restaurant for the first time?
- Is the place easily accessible?
- Are the timings of the restaurant convenient?
- Would you like to visit again to this restaurant?
- How likely will you recommend this restaurant to your family or friends? (Net Promoter Score question)
Also Read : How to Crack the Customer Satisfaction Score?
Facilities Feedback Questions
Facilities Feedback Questions are those which you ask to obtain feedback regarding cleanliness and other support facilities of the restaurant.
- Was the cleanliness of the restroom up to the mark?
- Were the seats at the restaurant comfortable?
- Was the restaurant staff supportive in everything?
- Did you like the music and sound quality?
- Was the volume of the music optimum?
- How would you rate the overall hygiene and cleanliness of the restaurant?
Food & Cuisine Feedback Questions
As you know, the main reason for anybody to visit a restaurant is food. This makes it almost necessary to take the feedback of your food and cuisine of your restaurant. This feedback will help you improve on your quality, taste and menu.
- How would you rate the quality of the food at our restaurant?
- Is there anything that you feel should be on the menu list?
- How were the drinks and beverages?
- Do you feel that the menu has something to satisfy everyone’s taste buds?
- How do you rate the variety of options on the menu?
- If you have a dietary restriction, do you feel that you were well supported today?
Services Feedback Questions
Service is a major aspect of any business which determines the success of a business to a large extent. Especially when it comes to the restaurant, providing great service and hospitality becomes much more important to run this business.
Even if you put the best dishes for your guests with world-class taste, they will never feel welcomed if the services they are provided with is not up to the standards. So, the importance of collecting feedback about the services is something that you cannot afford to underestimate. You should use these questions to gather Customer Feedback.
- Who served you today? (The question will help you rate your employees’ performances and recognize the efficient staff of your place and those staff which need some more training)
- Do you feel the services were welcoming and friendly?
- Did the food arrive on time?
- Did you face any issues with any service of the restaurant?
Technical Feedback Questions
Technical Feedback questions are mainly useful when you have implemented a new POS system or an online app for home delivery of your dishes. In such cases, you can ask questions about newly implemented systems and home delivery.
- How much effort did you make to place an online order through our new POS app? (This question will help you to find your CES i.e. Customer Effort Score)
- Which online food delivery app did you use?
- Was the food arrive at your place quickly?
- Did you find the food fresh and delicious same as when you have it in the restaurant itself?
- Were you able to use discounts and special offers provided in our online app?
Always remember that the Customer Feedback is also like your food which is useful and authentic when fresh. You should try to collect it as early as possible so that you can get real-time feedback and deal with negative feedback effectively by taking immediate corrective actions and thus retaining your customers.