The IoT is changing the technology world in a huge way. It has emphasized its relevance on various technologies that organizations use to stay on the competitive edge.
The internet is something that took the world by storm since its inception. It has helped technology reach new heights, together with making life easier for people all over the world to connect. Taking things a step further, consider a technology that provides a one-of-a-kind identity to all inanimate devices. A type of technology that helps machines understand and determine when they should be upgraded or when errors should be checked. It’s this new technology wave that is called the internet of things.
THE MAKERCON CONFERENCE
The MakerCon Conference recently made it clear that the Maker Movement, an important source of hardware innovation is catching fire and opening up new rich possibilities for developers of Java. The match between the ingenious intelligent devices and embedded software technology of Make Movement is central to developing a connected world, the internet of everything and the internet of things IOT devices. As the embedded devices get more affordable, more connected and powerful and as the internet of things grows, Java developers get strong support from Oracle as they face new radical opportunities as well as challenges. The best Java development environment is equipped to be a unified standard platform for the internet of things. To that end, a major effort of unifying the platform is underway, most especially Java ME with Java SE to shrink Java SE to smaller devices and embedded space.
WHAT THE INTERNET OF THINGS ENTAIL?
Basically, the internet of everything involves collecting and managing huge amount of data from a huge network of sensors and devices. Then it goes into processing data that’s been retrieved and share it with the other units connected so they could finally could make decision in real-time. Some examples of these networks on a smaller scale include the ability of cars to self-monitor. They now what to do in some instances. Another example is the security alarm systems installed in houses. It could determine which instances are safe and which should set off the alarm to warn the people in the house. In order to grow, the internet of things would require a program that helps to connect easily with various devices to maintain connectivity around the ecosystem. This is when Java comes into play.
WHY JAVA IS NEEDED FOR THE INTERNET OF THINGS
Java is still the number one platform of choice among developers and the leading development platform in the world, with some nine million developers all over the world. Moreover, Eclipse Java development tools are some of the most used tools in developing software solutions today. Java is a program that provides network portability. Also, it’s one of the programming languages that developers could easily learn. These two aspects join to make Java the perfect program to help devices connect. Almost all devices, beginning from personal computers, mobiles, everything uses Java. The platform also is an integral part of the internet world, making it a great choice for the internet of everything.
Java gives each device the best functionality level, provides it high security level and a good amount of scalability. Moreover, the fact that the programming language has a big ecosystem makes it much more suitable for the internet of things. Senior developers are developing innovative apps that help to achieve the connected world goal. With the programming platform, there would be no need to reinvent the wheel. It offers impeccable universality, versatility and reliability. It evolved with surrounding technology, enabling the language to adapt to tech app requirements as they have developed. Java is already on mobile, desktop, PC, tablet and Mac, as well as the developers and programmers who make it happen. In addition, there is also a growing popularity in learning to code the platform. The abundance of information as well as the thirst for learning is the reason why many organizations go for Java to develop apps over any other programming language.
THE BENEFITS OF USING JAVA FOR THE CONNECTED WORLD
With the use of embedded Java for the internet of things, users get to see huge number of benefits that this reaps in the business environment. The benefits are the following.
1. Get an improved experience. With Java embedded, devices get more efficient in exchanging information as well as making proper use of information whenever and wherever it is needed. Thus, the devices will be more integrated.
2. Increased market reach. The market reach of the products are fantastic. This is because it could re-use modules, which are common across different domains.
3. Has control over BOM and Roadmap. Various hardware support Java. Therefore, there is portability ease. Any device could run the program, which make it form easy connectivity with all devices.
4. Strong resource availability. Java is an easy program that makes it easier to learn. This is because of this that Java has nearly nine million developers worldwide. This makes it a diverse ecosystem. It’s also very suitable for achieving the connected ecosystem goal.
5. Product’s enhanced lifecycle. The product could upgrade itself based on the changes coming up in the market. Also, it could manage itself with the changes without difficulty.
6. Proven to be secure and reliable. Using Java makes devices reliable and secure, right from the SIM card to enterprise data.
7. Reduced support cost. As Java Embedded gives a product the ability to update and automatically manage itself, the support cost is significantly reduced.
The vision that the Internet of things has of building automated sensors, services and computers that process their own data rather than waiting for people to input them, will be achieved with the use of Java. With the programming language’s ability to connect so securely and smoothly, the world could determine what is happening anywhere, at any given time. It is on the senior Java developers and programmers that the perfect functioning of the internet of things depends a great deal.