One of the main trends of the modern tech world is mobile application development. But developing an application and attracting users is only half the battle: customers need to be interested and monetized!
Mobile App Analytics Trends
Analytics is one of the key elements for making decisions on the promotion of mobile applications. Now there is a clear trend in the industry: mobile app analytics becomes more universal. Systems that were previously used only for tracking installations now generate reports to analyze the audience of the application and in-app actions. Systems for in-app analysis learn to track installations or work in tandem with well-known and reliable systems.
Analytics of mobile app conversion data provides the data on:
– attraction channels: information about both new users and the reason for installing the application;
– users:the socio-demographic and geographical data of the audience;
– behavior: what and how users are doing in the application, as well as the information about failures in the work of different versions of the program;
– conversions and monetization: revenue and targeted actions of users.
When planning analysis of a media campaign, it is worth considering the advantages and disadvantages of each platform, and correlate their capabilities with the goals set. The market is new and dynamic, thus, experiment with different platforms, use them in a split – so as not to lose something important. And be sure to test the analytics system before the release of the application; make sure that the system works the way you planned and solves your problems.
Mobile App Conversion: What Is It and How to Calculate It?
To assess the success of an app, you can not do without such a thing as conversion. Conversions are targeted business actions, indicators that showcase the effectiveness or inefficiency of the site/product/marketing campaign.
One of the methods to calculate the conversion of your app is to observe and match. For instance, check the number of visitors to your site and the number of app downloads during the day. If your app was downloaded 15 times, and a total of 3600 visitors visited your site, this means that the conversion rate is 0.42% (15/3600 * 100).
Conversion is an effective way to reduce advertising costs while maintaining the same traffic. The possibilities for improving it are endless, and there is no universal recipe. What works in one business will not work in another. Therefore, mobile app development companies should experiment as often as possible, put forward hypotheses, communicate with clients and conduct tests. This will help bring conversion to a high level.
How to Achieve High Mobile App Conversion
To increase conversion, you must work directly with the product. Here are several universal recommendations on how to increase your mobile application conversion:
1. Strive for maximum personalization. The application should be a priori convenient and as personalized as possible. Even free. Examine your users and provide them with the content of interest. There is no single solution, the choice depends on the type of business. Custom mobile app development can be a good choice here.
2. Provide users with convenient navigation, especially when you’re doing the enterprise app development. Simplify your navigation and reduce the number of possible steps. First of all, this concerns registration, authorization, and payment. The fewer actions the application requires from the user, the higher the chance that the application will not be deleted on the first day.
3. Get rid of distracting elements. Let people get what they came for in the app without distracting them with odd information and buttons. Arrange the menu items and product categories sequentially, add links to go to sections in the texts within the application, etc.
4. Make an interesting call-to-action. Call-to-action is able to significantly increase the conversion. But if the form is done incorrectly, it may not be used at all. There is no universal recommendation. Experts advise buttons (not just links). Everything else must be tested by trial and error with a specific audience.
5. Use notifications. According to statistics, 52% of people agree to receive push notifications. Leverage them to remind people of the app, products left in the cart, or talk about updates.
What Factors Influence Conversions?
Mobile app conversions depend on external and internal factors. External factors affect the visitor even before they visit the app. But they also need to be managed, for instance with ads. You can set up conversion tracking that will help you understand how often clicks on advertisements lead to targeted actions. Adwords conversion tracking allows you to record actions on app installs and other goals, as well as analyze associated conversions – additional channels that were not the last point before the purchase, but helped to lead to it.
Mobile app developers often forget about internal factors that influence the user experience of interacting with the app, which ideally should lead to the target action. There are several mobile app essentials that affect conversion rates:
– design (if the design of your app comes from 2000, the most profitable promotion will remain without the attention of the user);
– download speed and stable operation of the resource;
– app usability (how convenient it is for the user to go the path to the commission of the target action).
Conversion analysis is an important stage of work, it will allow you to see the weaknesses of the app and make the right adjustments to increase efficiency.