Answer Bot lets businesses scale customer support and makes it easier than ever to implement and build a bot
Intercom, the world’s first customer platform helping businesses grow, today launched Answer Bot, a bot that uses machine learning to help businesses scale support and grow by automatically answering customers’ most frequently asked questions. Answer Bot lets businesses tap into the magic of AI and see value from bots by combining a powerful machine learning engine with an easy-to-use curation tool. Unlike other smart machine learning engines, Answer Bot doesn’t require humans to become bot-building experts, and instead offers nice-to-use software that that makes it easier than ever to implement and actually get value from bots.
Answer Bot leverages Intercom conversation data and Natural Language Processing to identify and group the kinds of common questions most easily answered by the bot. It uses machine learning to instantly provide the answers customers need, speeding up response time, scaling customer support, and improving the customer experience overall. Intercom found that on average, Answer Bot instantly resolves 29% of customers’ most common questions and improves customer response time by 44%.
Increased automation doesn’t mean decreased personalization and Intercom’s automation tools prioritize the customer experience by combining the brilliance of humans with the scale and cost efficiency of bots. Intercom is the only business messenger that that connects bot conversations with messenger apps to help teams streamline otherwise siloed workflows and end every bot conversation with an actionable and personalized next step.
“Answer Bot has been critical in helping our team provide a world-class customer experience by automating responses to our frequently asked questions. Since implementing it, 19% of our inbound conversations have been resolved by Answer Bot!” said Intercom Customer Kieran Doyle, Head of Growth at Cleo.
Automation is inevitable and will drive the next step change, impacting every stage of the customer lifecycle. By 2020, it’s predicted that 85% of customer-business relationships will be conducted without human interaction (Gartner). As Intercom enters its next phase of growth it is focused on bringing automation, messenger apps, and Intercom’s messaging platform together to drive faster business growth through better customer relationships.
Specific Answer Bot features include:
- Smart question recognition, powered by machine learning and NLP
- Precise and Accurate Answers
- The ability to send apps in Answers so customers can take the actions they need, increasing resolution rates and speed
- Question prompts
- Reporting features to see how many of your conversations Answer Bot is successfully handling, the time your team is having and which answers are performing best
- A Zendesk Chat importer that can analyze past Zendesk Chat conversations to identify your most common questions so your team can get up and running instantly with Answer Bot
For more information, check out this blog post.
- Intercom is the first customer platform for internet businesses. The company was founded in 2011 in San Francisco by Eoghan McCabe, Des Traynor, Ciaran Lee and David Barrett.
- Intercom currently has over 30,000 paying customers.
- Intercom powers 500M conversations per month, connecting 1B unique people worldwide.
- Earlier this year, Intercom announced $125M series D funding lead by Kleiner Perkins and a valuation of $1.275B.