This article explains the MS dynamics 365 for Unified Operations mobile app and offers key tips to implement it in your company. Please note that the earlier name of Unified Operations mobile app was Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
The Unified Operations mobile app allows company to make its business processes accessible through mobile devices. Once the IT admin enables the mobile workspaces for the company, users can login to the app and start running business processes via their smartphones.
Features of Unified Operations Mobile App
The mobile app Unified Operations has the following number of features to boost productivity-
- Users are able to view, edit, and act on business data even if their mobile devices are offline. When a device regains the internet connectivity, offline data operations are automatically sync with the app.
- It developers or admins are able to create and publish mobile workspaces that have been customized to their companies. The app leverages the existing code assets of the company. This means, users don’t need to re-implement their validation procedures, security configuration, or business logic.
- It is possible for IT admins or developers to design mobile workspaces with the help of point-and-click workspace designer with an ease.
- IT admins or developers have an option to optimize the offline capabilities of workspaces with the help of business logic extensibility framework. Since data continues to be processed even after there is no connectivity, mobile scenarios of the user remain rich and fluid.
Major Elements of the mobile app
Navigation has four basic compcets – Workspaces, Dashboard, Pages, and Actions.
- When you open the app, you navigate to the dashboard
- At dashboard, you will find a list of workspaces that have been published
- In each workspace, there is a list of pages available specifically of that workspace
- On page, you can run several actions, such as-
- View detailed data
- Navigate to other pages for relevant data
- Find a list of actions available for that page. Actions allow you to create or edit available data.
Best Practices and Tips for a Successful Dynamics 365 Finance and Operation implementation
Here we got some great tips from experts from the industry to implement Dynamics 365 Finance and operations and get success-
1. Planning and requirement details –
Implementing Dynamics 365 FO for a client’s business requires detailed planning. During the stage of planning, you need to include all the subject matter experts (SMEs) in the client’s business. The details of business processes will help in achieving successful dynamics 365 implementation. It is equally important to gather critical requirements by understanding business processes, how to bring simplicity at work, and remove any barriers in processes.
2. Team building and leadership –
Implementing the Dynamics crm 365 finance and operation is a real thing. You require a team of professionals as well as the customers. Proper team building since the beginning will give clarification to appropriate queries and doubts during the phase of pre-design.
- Evaluating existing systems
Customers are already using CRM for streamlining their operations. In such a case, you can evaluate all the available software packages, programming languages, and databases used by the customer. This will provide you a better insight of what element should be migrated over to the app.
- Documentation and training
It is important to document all the use cases and features of an MS dynamics CRM implementation for successful adoption. There are several similar apps fail over time since the customer finds it hard to understand CRM and end up not using it to its maximum potential. Right documentation and training will help to getting the most out of it. It should include training sessions, guides, and explainer videos.
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Implementation mobile app is a configurable, easy to use iOS and android app. End user can easily reuse available UI, business logic, and design a mobile workspace using the app.
Every page, control metadata recordings, and Action made is stored and cached within the app as static metadata. The metadata recording has details related to the objects used along with their dependencies, business logic, relationships, and filters as XML in the app database. This will allow users to import and export mobile app workspace without any hassle from one environment to another.
If you find this article interesting and want to learn more about Unified Operations mobile app or iOS mobile app implementation in Dynamics 365 Finance and operations, connect with the experts and gainmore knowledge about the topic.