Numerous research studies have documented the growing use and popularity of content marketing. For example, we know from the latest survey by the Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs that an overwhelming majority of both B2B and B2C companies are now using content marketing in some form, and that about 70% of the companies that practice content marketing are creating more content today than they were a year ago.
Last month, PQ Media provided important insights on the economic impact of content marketing when the firm published its Global Content Marketing Forecast 2015-19. PQ Media estimates that global content marketing revenues - revenues generated by firms that provide content marketing services - increased by 14.4% during the first half of 2015, after growing by 13.3% during 2014. The firm projects that content marketing revenues will more than double over the next five years.
When internal spending is included, PQ Media estimates that total spending on content marketing in 2014 was about $145 billion and is expected to reach $313 billion by the end of 2019.
Collect and act on NPS-powered customer feedback in real time to deliver amazing customer experiences at every brand touchpoint. By closing the customer feedback loop with NPS, you will grow revenue, retain more customers, and evolve your business in the process. Try it free.
For its report, PQ Media identified eleven content marketing channels:
- Branded digital and DVD videos
- Branded games and content tools
- Branded guest postings, articles, and case studies
- Branded mobile content and apps
- Branded print and digital magazines
- Branded print and e-mail newsletters
- Branded printed books and e-books
- Branded research reports, white papers, and public documents
- Branded social media sites and visual content
- Branded webinars and online presentations
- Sponsored events and event publications
Illustration courtesy Flickr CC and StockMonkeys.com