photo by Unsplash.com
In today’s highly competitive business climate, customer service is that one, key differentiating factor that can guarantee your business’ success. However, traditional customer service methods such as face-to-face interaction over a help desk is no longer apt in many cases. Our world has gone digital and mobile, and companies are investing heavily on research, development and the latest tools to ensure a seamless service for their tech-savvy patrons. As of today, more and more customers are transitioning from using desktop computers to mobile devices for their everyday needs.
Mobile customer service is one of the platforms commonly sought out by today’s consumers for its convenience. It is fast becoming a preferred mode of assistance by multi-tasking customers who are always on the go. But how well does your company’s mobile customer service perform? Use these five performance indicators of an excellent mobile customer service as your benchmark:
1. High response rate. If you want your customers to feel truly special, this is the one thing you must never do: ignore them. Even if it takes you quite a long time to respond, do it. The ideal rate here is 100%, meaning your business responds to every customer’s call for your attention. While this rate is not impossible, as evidenced by a company who really has a 100% response rate, it may be difficult for some companies to attain even half of this. Outsourcing your customer support to the Philippines can help you achieve a higher response rate and make your customers happier with world-class customer service skills for less.
2. Low queue time / high speed of answer (<30 minutes – 60 minutes maximum). The word “mobile” in mobile customer service should give companies a clear picture of customers’ expectations from this kind of customer service channel. When a customer reaches out to you for help through their mobile device, they expect an almost instantaneous response. Research shows that over 40% of consumers who use social media to air out their complaints, most probably using their mobile devices, expect a response within the first 60 minutes. Responding to their call for help as quickly as possible is a sure step towards increasing their loyalty to you.
3. Low resolution time. Similar to traditional customer service methods, a mobile customer service can be regarded as excellent if the customer’s concern was resolved. But unlike its predecessor, it must be done in the shortest possible time. The technology that makes mobile customer service possible raises the expectations of today’s consumers to new heights. They have come to expect an immediate solution to their problem given all the cloud-based apps, information and tools at the agent’s fingertips. Resolving their problem in a matter of minutes is impressive and may actually convert them as your newest brand ambassadors.
4. Low escalation rate. Customers expect that the agent who responds to their call for help is knowledgeable enough to attend to their concern, no matter what it is about. A low escalation rate shows your mobile customer service team has been adequately trained and able to resolve issues at the onset, without asking for their superior’s help.
5. Overall customer satisfaction. The most direct way to know if you are delivering excellent mobile customer service is to ask your customers. The number of satisfied customers you have is directly proportional to your level of mobile customer service delivery.
These indicators of an excellent mobile customer service can serve as your targets in your drive to deliver excellent customer support to your mobile customers.