It is based on your ability to change faster than your competition, customers, and business.
.Net core has the ability to turn your old webapps into the whole new modern secure fast performing apps that will help enterprises to take business to next level.
The future asks for the better change with which Technologies gets changes too.
Technology like Microsoft too has changed itself with the invention of an open-source .net core framework that gives all in one solution for you whether you want iOS, Windows, Android or Linux based applications these all platforms are now compatible with the one-time coding in .net core.
Being an entrepreneur or business owner the first priority is to satisfy your customer as the time changes your competitors also gets updated with the new technology and implements the same with a better strategy in their business plan.
ASP.Net core has gained more popularity than any other framework of Microsoft till now. Dot Net Core is a cross-platform open-source platform and made it compatible with multiple OS such as Linux, Windows, iOS, and Android.
The very first question that will come into your mind is why to migrate or upgrade to .Net core and not to other technology?
Let me fill your bucket with the benefits that .Net core offers and that will leave you WOW with the much-needed features, factors for the success of any industrial domain application need and should have.
Migrating Old ASP.NET Applications to .NET Core is now possible with the advanced benefits that were not available or possible to enjoy with the old one.
Below are the benefits that one can avail if their existing app is migrated to .Net core.
• Architected for testability.
• Razor Pages makes coding page-focused scenarios easier and more productive.
• Ability to develop and run on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
• Open-source and community-focused.
• Integration of modern, client-side frameworks and development workflows.
• Support for hosting Remote Procedure Call (RPC) services using gRPC.
• A cloud-ready, environment-based configuration system.
• Built-in dependency injection.
• A lightweight, high-performance, and modular HTTP request pipeline.
• Ability to host on the following:
• Side-by-side versioning.
• Tooling that simplifies modern web development.
It will be not wrong if I say migrating or upgrading your application to a better technology like .net core that ensures you all that any enterprise, eCommerce owner, businessman wants.
Do you have any old ASP.NET Web Forms app that is too big to rewrite? There IS a way to move it to .NET Core!
The way to Migrate From .NET Framework To .NET Core is all open with the phenomenal increase in performance.
However, it is also important you should only decide on Migrating or upgrading the application after the expert’s advice, a complete deep analysis of your website or application performance, comparing the results with your competitors and many other technical factors that your expert will help you to decide.
It is not like that your business will end if you don’t migrate, it is not compulsory to migrate but In many cases, the application migration would essentially mean shifting to the new technology/platforms by following the new requirements and present scenario.
Many business owners fear the change, whereas there is no need to as they should always remember “Change means that what was before wasn’t perfect. People want things to be better.”
If you think deeply about the reason behind the success you will end up with the answer that is a better change and satisfaction.
The migration can be done from any technology to .net core and upgrading from the older version to the new 3.1 .net core latest version of your application
But is this blog all about the migration? No, definitely not. It’s actually about understanding benefits with .net core.
Let me help you in deciding if you really need migration or you will be fine with what your application is with?
First, ask the question to yourself about your own application
Is your application performing well in the below-mentioned terms:
• Speed: It is recorded in one of the surveys that asp.net cores performance is 859 times faster than of the previous ones.
• Security: Easy to use mechanism for authentication, data protection, and attack prevention is part of security that dot net offers.
• Performance: Automatic optimization and refining of the code while compiling it helps to get high performance.
• Maintenance: Asp.net gives more with less coding that helps the developer to optimize the structure. Less coding results in easy maintenance.
• Command-line: Asp.net offers a command line that supports all major platforms like macOS, Android, Windows, and Linux.
• Cross-platform: This is most useful for the enterprises and eCommerce store owners however any industry domain can avail the benefit of cross-platform technology. Asp.net Core is a cross-platform which means a developer can build cross-platform applications using .NET Core that can easily be run on multiple platforms such as macOS, Android, Windows, and Linux.
• Cloud-based support: You never know when you will become a brand and have to manage a large amount of traffic, it is always better to develop a cloud-based application for large enterprises. With asp.net core developers can build various types of web applications, IoT apps and much more.
If you are unable to get the benefits from your current application built in ASP.Net MVC, or any other technology than believe me you are missing the remarkable success and losing the opportunity to join the future that is successful .net core migration.
Now, you can see that the questions have been asked and the best part of it is You didn’t even have to google any of the questions as answers are given.
The answers are as real as the sun is real about its sunshine.
Now comes the point, do you really get the benefit as asp.net core provides comparing to the application you have a built-in old version or other technology?
You thinking again,
what benefits? Above are the benefits and key factors mentioned which are a must for you to know before deciding about the migration or upgrading your current application.
Upgrading your current application to .net core 3.1 is better as I mentioned above the change is made for the betterment as earlier was not perfect thus community has decided to support the .net core for minimum or 3 years and the maximum is unknown as change is the truth we just heard, right? Yes, it is. (smiles)
Why it is good to migrate?
Migration is done to enhance the performance, efficiency, and productivity of a stable running application. ASP.net development company can help you to migrate coding, operating systems, language, database, architecture and open-source integration of your existing or old application to .net core.
How beneficial will it be to migrate existing web applications to dot net core?
• Reduces operational cost
• Time and effort saving
• Lower maintenance cost with higher flexibility
• Better user experience
• Minimize disruption
• Improved business operations
• Enhanced application run-time performance
Upgrade and migration of the existing application to .net core have produced 80% of improvement in general performance whereas it has recorded a 500% growth in data query speed. The figures might differ for the applications with low volume and light data load at the same time you might see even more improvement than mentioned above for the heavier data-centric applications. Economic conditions can be seen better in the favor of migration to asp.net core for your old application, existing application with different technology.