As per the words of the World Health Organization, Coronaviruses are an extensive virus’ family that causes a variety of illnesses that range anywhere from a common cold to a severe breathing issue.
Since the world is already dealing with COVID-19 – one of the coronaviruses – taking extreme measures to keep everybody safeguarded is quite essential. As far as the workplaces are concerned, COVID-19 is compelling people to alter the way employees sit in an office setup and meet their targets.
So far, experts have also provided a variety of suggestions. And, having a visitor management system is one such idea that deals with advanced technology to prevent the spread of this virus.
Below mentioned are some ways through which you can get your workplace ready during this pandemic with visitor management software. Have a read.
What Type of Visitor Management System to Choose
Over the past few years, companies have started prioritizing visitor management. There are a variety of solutions along with capabilities and features available out there. While evaluating options, there are two primary types of software that you can avoid – hosted and free visitor management systems.
In case you are used to a check-in process that is paper-based, it could be tempting to select free visitor check-in management software. But, keep in mind that these open-source, free solutions come with restricted functionality and glitches.
The process can be ultimately unsatisfactory and not fruitful. Several free software, in reality, is nothing more than freemium solutions. Either they will restrict the complete access or give you a limited number of times to use the software unless you pay to use more.
As far as the second one is concerned, you are sure to find a variety of reasons to avoid software that is hosted. With such solutions, updating or upgrading the software becomes a hassle.
To get the latest version, you may have to provide an extra charge to the service provider. Moreover, you will be responsible for the overall maintenance, including security fixtures. These hosted solutions are also difficult to integrate with other platforms. Support is also restricted after the installation.
Apart from all these options, a cloud-based visitor management system turns out to be an accurate choice as they offer a complete set of features. Maintenance, upgrade, and hosting gets included in whatever you pay. Thus, keeping your software secure and up-to-date.
Tips to Choose an Accurate Visitor Management System
Investing in one such system is indeed a major step for a company. Not just you are expecting to maintain a digital record of everybody entering the building; however, you are also expecting adequate safety out of it. Thus, being cautious is extremely necessary.
Especially, post-COVID-19, workplaces cannot afford to invest in a system that doesn’t work well according to their requirements.
In case a visitor or an employee is diagnosed positive, you must carry a digital record of those who got in touch with that person.
To stay confident with your choice, make sure that you check out these below-mentioned points while buying the software
- Capability to pre-register guests before they can visit and provide a QR code that can be scanned upon arrival to check-in
- Integration with other software to enable important email information to visitors and guests seamlessly
- Ability to print temporary badges along with expiry dates and pictures of the visitors
- Automatic cross-check of visitors and automated alerts to the adequate working staff
- An option to provide self-service check-in where visitors get to add in the relevant information and sign needed documentation and get a visitor badge
- Automatic notifications through email to hosts upon the arrival of guests and their check-in
- Real-time reporting of history of visitors and lobby activity that can be secured easily and accessed seamlessly
- An option for repetitive visitors to avoid entering information again and again
- Ease of integrating the software with other solutions and technology
Once workplaces regain their operations and allow employees to get back to work in the setup, having a visitor management system becomes extremely important. So, trying out a visitor management software would benefit you extremely well. Make sure that you do your research well before taking the plunge.