According to a survey conducted by Deloitte, 9% of businesses consider customer experience as a value proposition across channels. It has become very important for companies to provide excellent customer service as today’s empowered consumer expects high-quality services at the best rates.
To survive in this fiercely competitive business landscape with ever-increasing customer expectations, companies are now compelled to deliver on customer satisfaction.
If you’re struggling to deliver quality at a competitive rate, you can achieve this goal by deploying a custom ERP solution designed by an experienced enterprise software development firm.
Here are 5 ways in which implementing an ERP solution can boost your operational efficiency and enable you to better serve customers:
- Efficient Customer Service: An integrated ERP system has only one centralized database. It ensures real-time access to the latest customer data across departments. This helps in coordinating the routine workflows and eliminates any possibility of discrepancies, disagreements, or delays. The customers also receive the same information at their end across all communication channels. Delivering a consistent consumer experience is not possible if you are relying on disparate spreadsheets and disjointed apps.
- Streamlined Orders & Speedy Delivery: Customer service is much more than just delivering a quality product. It is equally important to provide a superior product at the best price and at the promised time. While product delivery is the last stage of the customer experience journey, it is an extremely crucial one. ERP software can help you make achievable, time-bound commitments to customers and keep up with them! It stores all the mission-critical information in one place – ranging from stock levels to supply chain and orders placed to customer details. These details keep your inventory levels in check and ensure that all the orders are fulfilled on time and efficiently. With an ERP system in place, you can rest assured that your customers will always be happy with fresh stocks and on-time deliveries of their favorite products.
- Increased Customer Retention: 68% of consumers are highly likely to leave a company that is indifferent to their needs or demands. Customer satisfaction is vital to the success of any company today and hence, it is important to keep up with their expectations and retain them. ERP software securely stores all customer records and integrates accurate forecasting & inventory planning capabilities. Predictive analytics mine through your historical data to detect trends and forecast demand. This data when coupled with automated inventory management enables you to order raw materials and schedule production to efficiently meet customer demands and delivery deadlines. It eventually leads to satisfied customers, enhanced loyalty, and a decrease in customer churn.
- Brings a Competitive Advantage: Given the cutthroat competition in the market, the only way to thrive is to keep the prices competitive. Your customers are bombarded with several options every day and they can easily compare the quality, reviews, and rates offered by different companies. With ERP software, it is possible to keep the pricing competitive as it helps in optimizing inventory management and automating time-consuming manual tasks. This also reduces the cost of manufacturing. Consequentially, improved operations result in better customer service. Plus, the fluctuations caused by the order size, type, and consumer demand can also be efficiently managed using an ERP. When a company can manage to offer the best quality goods at competitive pricing, it not only retains existing customers but also attracts potential ones, gaining an edge over competitors.
- Fast & Satisfactory Resolution of Queries: ERP software offers end-to-end visibility into consumer behavior which enables businesses to analyze buying patterns, consumer preferences, and other important metrics. Resolving customer queries is the most important KPI of good customer service and it has a profound impact on your revenue and reputation. 84% of consumers get annoyed when the customer care agent does not provide the requested help or supply the required information on time. This makes it very clear that customers expect instant and satisfactory resolution of their issues. ERP software can enable your customer service agents to resolve client issues in a jiffy with real-time access to all the important details. When agents have a clear view of the customer journey right from order placement to payment and return to refund, they can handle queries much faster and more efficiently.
Wrapping it Up
Any business is dependent on customer reviews and ratings for sustainable success. If the customer is happy then the profits will continue to multiply. Implementing an ERP tool is the best way to boost your company’s productivity and efficiency while ensuring better customer service. So what are you waiting for? Team up with a top-rated enterprise software development firm today and discuss how they can help you build a custom ERP system that keeps you one step ahead of your customers and competitors!