Business-to-business (B2B) customer experience is a tough nut to crack. Sure, there are formulas out there that have been statistically proven to measure a customer’s willingness to put their reputation on the line for a recommendation to friends and colleagues. But these methods were originally developed for business-to-consumer (B2C) companies who have a much different operating model than B2B folks.
From complex buying processes to customers that are never one person but made up of several people within accounts, B2B loyalty can’t be summed up by one overall score or metric. This led us to put together the 10 Commandments for VoC Collection and Analysis as there are far more effective ways to use this data to accelerate revenue growth and keep retention rates high.
Note that for the optimal program, these Commandments should be used in combination, not exclusively, as they all work together to form the full picture.
Without further adieu, The 10 Commandments for Voice-of-Customer:
1. Mirror survey strategy with go-to-market strategy
2. Set minimum Coverage & Response guidelines
3. Always have a benchmark
4. Analyze the data in more ways than in the aggregate/average
5. Follow-up with Customers and Keep Track of the Process
6. Link VoC Data with Financials
7. Prepare Trend Reports to Compare Previous Performance
8. Derive Importance
9. Do business the way your customers want
10. Exemplify your desired customer experience via your survey process
To see the reasons behind each Commandment and how to accomplish these must-have components, download the free whitepaper by TopBox.