The market is currently brimming with high quality options when it comes to project management information systems — a crucial part of operations in any construction firm. And despite the availability of a plethora of options, nothing even comes close to helping companies in this industry quite like Microsoft SharePoint does. A browser-based collaboration as well as data/document management solution, Microsoft SharePoint helps construction firms link their business resources and employees together. This offering from the tech giant also helps people in the organization to work together and sync routine business responsibilities and chore from a consolidated platform.
So, if you too are looking for an able solution to address your construction project management concerns, allow us to tell you why SharePoint is exactly what you are looking for.
- Abundance of features: Microsoft has loaded SharePoint with every imaginable project management tool a construction firm might need for different projects. The list includes a vigorous search feature to help users to easily and swiftly find what they need. SharePoint also allows work groups to build their own internal websites within the platform to stock and arrange their files and also display relevant announcements. Furthermore, it enables firms to gather information from databases and reports in order to get a bird’s eye view of compliance and usage statistics. And, with SharePoint, documents, processes, and data, are integrated to build no-code automations as well as business offerings.
- Security: Construction firms generally use groups to support scalable security environment since permissions are implemented across the entire group instead of individuals in the group. This means calibrating permissions, the firm has to make only one change to a group, instead of repeating the process of every member in the group. Furthermore, SharePoint also offers the ability to specify security permissions from a site collection, to an individual site, to the lowest part of an individual document or item.
- Third party services integration: Microsoft Flow, integrated with SharePoint, enables organizations to effortlessly connect and automate services that are crucial to their business operations. It gets code-free integrations with myriad third-party services, including Zendesk, Salesforce, Twitter, Facebook, Microsoft Dynamics, and OneDrive among others.
- Effortless reports: SharePoint enables enterprise users to put together detailed reports from content sources available within the service. This, in turn, makes it quite easy for the organization to collect as well as share data. So, companies in the construction industry can use this solution to not only set up dashboards and scorecards, but also create hub Excel tables that link to data sources. Besides that, SharePoint is also capable of showing data visually via other Microsoft products like Power BI or third party systems.
- Work management: SharePoint empowers organizations to efficiently deal with tasks in a department, project, or even business endeavour. In addition to that, corporate users can also put together personalized list views together with out-of-the-box workflows in order to both manage personal tasks and allocate duties to colleagues within their team or across the organization.
This list is intended to serve as a preview of what Microsoft SharePoint has to offer and how much it can assist when it comes to construction projects. But this is not to say that these are all the benefits and advantages a construction company stands to gain from custom web development with SharePoint. Long story short, you can confidently choose Microsoft SharePoint to assist you on all your current as well as future construction projects.