Today, while surfing the internet I came across something which intrigued the lights out of me. I had no clue what it was and what it means? but of course, I couldn’t let it go so easily. I had to do quench my curiosity. You know what they say, curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back. The same case happened here too.
Before prattling on for too long, I will tell you the topic which had stirred interest in me and that is Android Enterprise Recommended EMM solutions by google and what exactly is it? Well, if you are in the same boat then don’t feel mellow for too long. I took the liberty of penning down a little-researched bible on this topic so that it gets easier for people to understand.
What is Android Enterprise Recommended EMM solutions by google?
For those of you who don’t have much idea about it, Android enterprise recommended EMM solutions by Google is a validation program which is offered by Google. These services are designed for devices, vendors, and partners, in the month of February 2018. These services were rolled out pretty recently and seem like a success already. The aim of the program currently is to focus on devices and EMMs but it will surely extend its expertise to carriers and MSPs this year.
Android App Development Company and the likes
Since we are at it, the aim of android enterprise recommended devices is to offer a simple, list of devices which is Google-recommended which equals the set of elevated enterprise-grade requirements. If this is followed then it brings benefits for both the parties which choose devices for business and the OEMs taking part in this operation.
It is important to note down that the devices that get submitted for certification, get tested and vetted by Google’s best practices and methods which also involves common requirements. If you wish to know what these are then please take a look.
1. The user gets IP64 certified ingress protection which is rugged
2. There are minimum hardware specifications for Android 7.0+ devices
3. If you come to use it, you will see that there is delivery for Android security updates which is within the time span of 90 days of release from Google. This service is extended for a period of 3 years or if rugged then it carries on to 5 years.
4. What’s more is the fact that there is the availability of unlocked devices which is direct from manufacturer or seller.
5. You will find consistent application experience in managed profiles and on managed devices
The list carries on because the services provided by Mobile App Development Services or android app development company is above par. Once you get exposed to it, I am sure you will be impressed by it.
Let us talk a little more about android enterprise recommended EMM solutions
Did you know that the certification process which you find is according to the device rather than being according to the OEM? This means that each individual device released by an OEM will not have to be tested and certified and this is an imperative facet as an OEM because it can release devices which are targeting many niches of audiences including HMD Global along with their Nokia 1 and Nokia 2, Samsung along with their Galaxy J1;
Of course, these are intended or limited to enterprise usage and with an OEM AER badge, these services wouldn’t make sense to people.
When you come in terms with buying devices which is meant for enterprise use, the present organizations only need to look for Android Enterprise Recommended badge in order to know if the device they are targeting has been properly vetted for some of the best practices and the needs of the company which works to develop Android along with Android Enterprise. Solutions This could even be called Android App Developers.
If you are wondering more about android app developers then it would be wise to know that these will help many organizations to bring together the expectations and the budgets, if I may, in order to ensure that particular device is being considered for the following.
1. It will work to bring together the demands of a typical enterprise use sans the worry of issues like slowdown, incompatibility, and many such concerns.
2. It will act to support by the OEM for software/security patching up to 3 years or even 5 if it is rugged.
3. It provides assistance for the purchase through many channels.
4. When the situation arises, it will also act and behave if provisioned as if it is a fully managed or a work profile device.
5. Of course, it supports Android zero-touch enrolment.
These were some of the services that would ensure the proper functioning of the aim. The introduction of Android Enterprise Recommended brought about over 70 additional devices which have been added to the addressed line up which now includes the following:
And many more such companies. Needless to say, more such companies will be added in due time. It should be mentioned here that Samsung is not joining the list of the program at this instant even though it has been invited by Google.
One more thing which should also be mentioned is the fact that EMMs works to function on the similar terms as mentioned below.
1. It provides assistance to advanced management of 2 out of 3 utilized deployment scenarios.
2. It has the ability to deliver all of the advanced security and management features.
3. It even gives a consistent deployment experience including the admin consoles which makes the set-up of an Android Enterprise an easy one.
So, this is all you needed to know about Android Enterprise Recommended EMM Solutions by Google which also included mobile app development services. I hope this was helpful to you and has cleared all your queries.