Android is playing a major role in everyone’s life. It is because of android that everything is possible within a fraction of a second. According to the statistics of Playstore it can be said that the revenue of Playstore in the year 2018 was around $34.4 billion whereas in the last year an increase was noticed and it was by 27.8 percent.
This is the evidence that shows the rate of growth for the android market. So there are developers who play an important role in developing the perfect android app for their client.
Choosing the developer is very tough as there is a number of mobile application development services available but first of all, a company has to fix their budget in order to choose the perfect developer that will be meeting all the requirements of the company.
Factors that contribute to the cost of developing an on-demand android app
There are many factors on which the cost of developing an android app depends and the factors are listed below-
Process of the discovery of the app
This may be the first stage of android app development but the stage is very crucial. This is the process where validating the idea of the app takes place. The developers seek the help of several methods for completing these tasks. This can take around 5 days. Methods for the discovery of app are-
• Research and market analysis- researching the market mean analyzing the competitors. Here the main focus is made on the devices that are being used by users. Here the developers will be playing an important role in deciding the features that are to be included in the app.
• Setting the personas of the users- By determining the reasons for decisions as well as actions of the user the developers will be deciding the UI/UX, app size of the application, and also the features to be included. This will help in the cost breakdown for developing the android app.
• Market capitalization- the estimation behind the idea of the app is put in this stage depending on the value of the market. In simpler words, it can be said the process of app discovery is related to the features as well as attributes that are to be included in the android app to become the best among other competitors.
Level of complexity of the app
Hire android app developer who will help in making an efficient as well as an incredibly diversified app. Some of the factors influencing the cost of creating an android app are-
• Model- There are two types involved in the case of backend development and they are BaaS and custom. In the case of the BaaS, an architecture is already given where the developers can’t make much change but in the case of custom backend development, the developer is able to start from the very beginning.
• Third-party integration- There are many times when an app is required to integrate with any third-party app for performing certain functions. These functions can be using Facebook or Google for signing up or to interact with any third-party monetary application for purchasing. This can add an extra amount to app development.
• Making admin panel- Admin panel is very much important for any app as it helps in allowing the user for keeping a record of functions as well as activities that are taking place in an app without involving any android app builders.
• The functionality of in-app purchase- there are many apps nowadays which allow the user to do monetary transactions in their app without seeking the help of a third-party app. This helps the app to reduce dependency over other apps for transactions and so the cost is again increased.
App category and types
There are different types of apps and depending on that the cost of developing that app depends. Hire dedicated developers who are within your budget to develop the perfect app for you. Some of the types or categories on which the cost of app development depends are-
• Standalone apps- These are the apps that do not seek the help of any kind of third-party apps. Some of the examples of this category are calendar, clock, etc. as these are simply the cost is very low.
• On-demand app- There are three versions even for any simple on-demand app. Some of the important features of on-demand apps are real-time tracking, chat support, in-app payments, and data syncing. So to develop this app the cost is very high.
• Other apps- Other apps include apps that are hardware-dependent like extraction of data and many others, Social networking apps that needs third party apps for help like Facebook needs camera as a third-party app and M-commerce app.
Design and animation
There are different designs as well as animations are there for developing an android app. The cost of developing an app can vary depending on features like-
• UI design- This helps in adding creativity to the app.
• Wireframing- This helps in creating an effective user-experience and maps. It is basically client-approved for creating an application screen flow.
• Animation- In order to make any app intuitive and interesting, the animation is used. Social media platforms always seek the help of animations. The process of designing as well as coding is very complex in the case of animation and so cost is increased.
It is an integral part to submit the app successfully to Playstore. But for the selection of the app, some Playstore guidelines must be followed. One time fee of $25 is charged for publishing any app.
The cost of maintenance is included in developing an android application. Improving the design of the app, maintaining the version updates, and removing bugs is very important and this will add extra cost for developing an android app.
Size of the company
If a premium app development company is hired then the cost involved can be from $500,000 to $1 million. If a middle-sized offshore center is hired then the cost will be around somewhere between $150,000 to $400,000. Hourly rates range from around $10 to $25. The highest range can be 25 times that of the lowest range and can even be more. Finally, the cost depends on the size of the company you are hiring. A well-reputed android app development company will always charge more than a small one.
These were some of the important features on which the cost of android app development depends. And the above tips will easily help you to figure out the cost involved in developing your own app.