From Content Marketing to Content Experience
Personalizing the Content Experience to Win Customer Loyalty
Shep Hyken interviews Randy Frisch. They discuss how content marketing has changed and what businesses need to do to create the best content experience for their customers. A good content marketing strategy is part of a good customer experience.
The Interview with Randy Frisch:
- Content marketing, and consumers’ expectations of it, has changed drastically in recent years. No longer are content marketers responsible for sales only; now, they influence the entire customer experience.
- In order to create a great customer and content experience, there needs to be personalization. The content that the customers come into contact with must be customized to fit their wants, needs, and interests. Companies like Amazon and Spotify are already doing this well.
- Before you build and market your content, you must understand who you want to connect with. Who is your intended audience? What do they want and need? Your content must be personalized and meaningful to that audience—think of it as “contextual content.”
- Successful content personalization can lead to customer loyalty. When customers feel that you truly understand them, they are more likely to make a purchase – and more likely to make repeat purchases. Customers want to do business with companies that understand them.
- It’s better to have less content that is truly personalized rather than more content that is too general.
“Before we even start putting together the experience of content, we need to understand who we want to connect with.” – Randy Frisch
“It’s not the type or size of audience you care about, but the impact you want to make on them.” – Randy Frisch
“Use content to build customer loyalty. As soon as customers realize you understand them, then they become loyal to you.” – Randy Frisch
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- What is a CXO?
- What is content marketing?
- How has content marketing changed?
- How can I personalize my content marketing/experience?
- How can I increase customer loyalty?