As a marketer, are you still struggling to get your target audience to engage with branded content? You’re not alone. Many marketers find it a challenge to infuse freshness in branded content and create a unique brand identity. Is interactive content the elixir to your content marketing woes? To a large extent, yes.
Interactive content enhances conversions by 40-50% and social sharing rate by 28%.
Marketers are now making use of interactive content to make boring content attractive and entertaining.
93% of marketers rated interactive content as highly effective at educating prospective customers.
Let’s now look at some terrific interactive content formats to help you delight prospective customers and build a strong relationship with them.
1. Interactive Quizzes
Quiz marketing can work magic to help educate your target audience and get them to interact with your brand. You can create various quizzes such as personality quizzes, scored quizzes, trivia quizzes, ‘true or false’ quizzes, and ‘yes or no’ quizzes, polls, etc., to lure prospective customers into participating. Here are some tips for creating quiz content that makes a difference:
- Keep the quiz content short, concise, and easy to understand.
- Use an attractive image in your quiz.
- Create shareable results—the overall outcome is the most exciting part of an interactive quiz.
2. Interactive Maps
Publishing a study on a specific geographical region is a great way to offer valuable information. The visual content piece is a delightful treat for the audience looking for valuable geographical data and insights about a topic. A scroll-based map animation is an excellent way to tell a remarkable digital story.
- You can use a cloud-based animated map creator.
- To start creating the map, choose the relevant template and region.
- Input your data and color code the different map parts to depict the various numbers and information.
3. Interactive Calculators
Many people wish to know answers to specific questions such as the price of a property they’re going to buy or the returns from their marketing investments. Such calculators are great for offering instant answers to a potential customer and collecting a qualified lead. Take a look at this simple web design price calculator, for instance.
Here are some quick tips for creating an interactive calculator that creates a win-win for your business and potential customers.
- Create a landing page for your calculator and include a contact form to generate leads from the content piece.
- Work on developing a calculator that incorporates all the necessary questions to offer precise results to your target audience.
4. Interactive Videos
Video content remains the most potent format to get a prospect to notice your brand and become an avid follower.
When a viewer is interacting with a video, their attention stays on the content, resulting in a 591% lift in user activity. Video is an immersive content format, and making a video interactive can take the level of content engagement to another level.
- You can start by using an interactive video creator tool.
- Embed links in your video to drive users to your website or landing page.
- Use features like quizzes, video paths, hotspots, and branching to make any video content interactive.
This way, you can use interactive videos to offer a personalized experience to your target audience and achieve higher content engagement and conversions.
5. Interactive Infographics
Infographic content is quite popular with online users. The interactive version of infographic content has taken center stage in the last few years. Interactive infographics come with moving features that reveal information when users click or scroll. Such content pieces allow the users to play around with the design to learn more about a topic. You can take a look at this example of an interactive infographic that showcases the daily routines of famous creative people.
Here are some useful features to incorporate in an interactive infographic:
- Make use of clickable pages in your infographic for users to go slowly at each piece of information.
- Use different colors to offer interactive highlights in your infographic. This way, you can add many valuable insights to a single infographic.
- Get the user to participate by hiding information and getting the user to act to find it.
Online games can be fun and entertaining for the audience. With AR and VR becoming popular, branded games are set to become a standard interactive content format. Here are helpful tips for using this content format to connect with your audience on a deeper level:
Create a game that goes with your brand story.
- Work on ideating a protagonist or central character of the game story.
- Make sure the target audience can resonate with the protagonist in the game story. For instance, Nike created Reactland, an immersive game that allowed shoppers to run on a treadmill and control the actions of their avatar running through fantasy land.
- Incorporate a hook or a reward system that gets the audience to keep coming back to the game.
Allow users to share their achievements on social media platforms.
The best part about building an interactive game is that it can fetch long-term audience brand affinity and fetch recurring leads.
To get sustainable from content marketing efforts, you must take an audience-first approach. The idea is to create content that matches the expectations of potential customers and goes out of the way to inform and entertain them. Carefully strategized interactive content is a sure-shot way to make branded content stand out and create lasting customer relationships.