A recent survey I did said that 32.5% of small business owners didn’t know how to generate new sales from customers.
This morning on the radio show, I talked with Jill Konrath who helps sellers crack into new accounts, speed up their sales cycle and win more business.. Her newest book, SNAP Selling: Speed Up Sales and Win More Business with Today’s Frazzled Customers (affiliate link) debuted at #1 on Amazon. We talked about:
1. Why are cusotmers so crazy busy (and nuts) today and how does it impact sales today?
2. How prospects use four criteria to evaluate every interaction with you – and this assessment impacts if they move forward with you or not.
3. How to use a trigger event to gain new access to your best prospects!
I also talked to Bill Cusick who spent the last 25 years exploring the customer relationship from both sides of the fence. As founder and CEO of Vox, Inc., (now Customerspectives) he’s spent the last 12 years helping businesses to better understand the nature of their customer relationships, and how to increase retention, referrals and profits. Bill’s book is All Customers Are Irrational: Understanding What They Think, What They Feel, and What Keeps Them Coming Back (affiliate link).
We talked about how your customers are your only profit center:
1. Businesses don’t understand the value of their customers
2. Customers are irrational
3. Businesses are missing the boat on how they research, service and retain customers
4. Your best intentions have nothing to do with your customers’ perception of your company
5. One thing you can do to improve all your customer interactions right now