CustomerThink is a global community of business professionals. The information on this site, and interaction with other members, can help you create a successful customer-centric business.
Always be meaningful and professional in your interactions on this site. Personal attacks, inappropriate language and commercial promotions are not permitted. News items may be posted regarding announcements for a company or its products and services, provided such news is relevant to our site mission and audience.
Don’t post content that is the copyright property of others unless you have their written permission. If copyright infringement is reported to CustomerThink, the alleged infringement will be promptly removed pending resolution per the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
CustomerThink respects the intellectual property rights of others. Accordingly, we have a policy of removing user submissions that violate copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property law, suspending access to all or any portion of CustomerThink.com and our community sites (collectively the “Sites”) to any user who uses the Sites in violation of any such law, and/or terminating in appropriate circumstances the account (if any) of any user who uses the Sites in violation of any such law. Pursuant to Title 17 of the United States Code, Section 512, we have implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed copyright infringement and for processing such claims in accordance with such law. If you believe your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right is being infringed by a user of the Sites, please provide written notice to the following agent for notice of claims of infringement:
837 B Avenue
Coronado, CA 92118
Your written notice must: (i) contain your physical or electronic signature; (ii) identify the copyrighted work, trademark, or other intellectual property alleged to have been infringed; (iii) identify the allegedly infringing material in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material; (iv) contain adequate information by which we can contact you (including postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address); (v) contain a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material, trademark, or other intellectual property is not authorized by the owner, the owner’s agent, or the law; (vi) contain a statement that the information in the written notice is accurate; and (vii) contain a statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right owner.
PUBLISHING GUIDELINES FOR BLOG POSTS
CustomerThink has over 500 active bloggers and publishes several thousand blog posts each year. Some bloggers are syndicated, which means posts are originally published on the blogger’s personal or company blog, then republished with the author’s permission on CustomerThink.com.
CustomerThink worked with community leadership councils to clarify guidelines for qualifying posts, especially with respect to whether posts are too “promotional.” As a result, the following guidelines are effective for posts published July 5, 2010 and later. Posts published prior to this date that don’t meet these guidelines may be deleted at CustomerThink’s discretion.
Blog posts on CustomerThink should be:
- relevant to CustomerThink’s mission and its community of business managers.
- educational, and not contain excessive promotional content, inappropriate language or personal attacks.
“Relevant” means appropriate for a business audience and can be categorized on the site in one of our key topics.
“Excessive promotional content” means the blog post content is primarily intended to:
- directly market products, services, programs, etc. for the author’s company or an affiliated business partner, or
- redirect the user to another site to access content, without providing substantial educational content within the body of the post.
All blog posts, regardless of whether directly posted by the author or syndicated, are “moderated”—held in an unpublished status for review by the CustomerThink community moderator or manager. Each post is first reviewed for compliance with our publishing standards. Un-credited images, advertising, and header/footer information is removed (see below for details). Qualifying images may be resized and repositioned to fit the site design. Finally, posts are categorized and published in a first-in first-out basis.
Moderator will remove:
- Extraneous header/footer information, such as share links, author bio, related content, or any other standard content automatically inserted by the author’s blogging system.
- Images, if the image owner has not been given explicit credit in the blog post. This is to protect the author and CustomerThink from potential copyright infringement claims.
- Advertising, including graphic images, lead generation widgets, blocks of text, etc. that promote products, services or content. A call-to-action in text format is allowed, provided it’s a natural part of the post content, to enable the reader to explore the post topic more deeply.
Blog Guidelines and Approval Process Update April 4, 2014
Again, as a general guideline, posts will not be published if they lack substantial educational value that is relevant for our community mission: customer-centric business. All posts are reviewed in a two-step process:
1. Moderator reviews to ensure post meets our minimum standards. Content must be relevant to our community (fits one of our main topics) and not contain excessive promotional content (see below for details). Specifically, posts will not be approved if content:
- doesn’t fit one of our major site topics
- mainly serves to promote clicks to other web resources
- is too technical, not suitable for a business audience
- uses marketing language like “best,” “leading,” etc.
- includes graphics or illustrations to promote author’s company or its products/services
- compares the author’s products or services to competitors
- is designed to manipulate search engines by keyword stuffing, excessive backlinks, etc.
- is authored by group or anonymous account; each post must be published for a individual author
- is written by a “guest” author; each post must belong to the registered author’s account
2. Moderator-approved posts are then candidates for selection and publication by the Managing Editor. Editor will approve posts that add value to our community and potentially spark discussion. Posts likely to get cut during during this step are those that: Restate or rehash basic issues that have already been covered extensively by our community; Mainly contain infographics, videos and other graphic content without value-adding commentary; Curate lists of posts, with or without commentary.
Allowed Promotional Content
Minor promotional content (such as “call to action”) in text format is allowed provided it is related to the post and is a relatively small portion (lesser of 50 words or 10% of post) of the post content which otherwise qualifies. Posts may include a reasonable number of:
- objective references to the author’s company, products, services, methodologies, etc. (text, links or graphics)
- links to other web resources for additional information (including free, paid or registration-required resources)