Missing your quota day after day is sometimes a given when it comes to sales. However, when it becomes a weekly and monthly habit, you may be suffering from sales failure. Sales failure is a serious condition common to sales reps who lack motivation. And sales failure means your sales skills are a code red.
Symptoms of Failure
If you are worried your sales skills are a code red, consider the following symptoms:
– Your sales are flat-lining consistently for over a month
– You have a feeling of passiveness when you have a new sales lead
– You find yourself avoiding challenging questions instead of rising to the occasion
– You have a general feeling of uneasiness
– You are missing the thrill of the chase
– When your prospect asks you questions you feel like it is work rather than opportunity
– You are lacking drive
Common Causes of Sales Failure
– Lack the desire to learn more about your product
– An inability to learn from your mistakes and rejections
– An inability to separate your product from your competition
– Not being able to provide solutions and problem-solving ideas for your prospects
– Allowing yourself to fall into a pattern of passiveness
So what are some of the treatments when you find yourself in a CODE RED sales situation?
**Sales Failure Treatments**
Sales skills can be rejuvenated by implementing sales failure treatments including:
– Refocusing on problem-solving.
– Focus on one prospect or customer at a time.
– Provide unique and detailed solutions for each of your prospect’s needs.
– Ask questions to identify your prospect’s problems instead of focusing on your needs
– Preparing for your next client or prospect engagement
– Take advantage of questions and be ready to provide as much information as possible during your meeting.
– Take advantage of follow up opportunities and following through to seal the deal
These “Sales Failure Treatments will make you feel more confident and you will get more pleasure and satisfaction out of your ability to truly help your customer/prospect.
If you are experiencing a downward trend in your sales, you need to resuscitate them ASAP. The best way to avoid sales failure is prevention. Being proactive to keep your selling skills sharp and effective by staying curious, passionate and most of all motivated will help lower the risk of sales failure.
If you or your sales team are suffering from code red selling skills. Consider working with a motivational speaker or a sales coach. Coaches and motivational experts employs proven strategies and techniques that act as treatments for your sales managers and sales force.