The Internet of Things market is expected to see around 25 billion internet-connected things by 2020, and close to $2 trillion of economic benefit worldwide.
This year would see a steady growth period for the internet of things. It would impact on the economy through transforming organizations into digital businesses and facilitate new business models, boost efficiency and generate new revenue forms. While IoT implementation is now reported as a clear benefit and provided a positive outcome, the implementation of industrial IoT now is moving much faster than expected, regardless of security concerns.
The IoT connectivity trends were widely received and adopted in the last couple of years. This year, more ideas and actual complex issues would be addressed and rise to their next actualization tier. Because of the fact that deices could represent themselves digitally, monitoring them gets easier so that real time data streaming takes a step closer to reliability and relativity.
THE TRENDS THAT WOULD ELEVATE IOT INFLUENCE IN 2018
Check out the quick run through that IoT trends are foreseen this year and in the years to come.
1. Amalgam of BlockChain and IoT. BlockChain is the newest addition since 2016. The amazing triumph of crypto-currency that’s made on BlockChain put the technology as the flag bearer of seamless transactions, thus lowering costs and doing away with having to trust a centered data source. BlockChain works by boosting trustful engagements in an accelerated, secured and transparent manner. Businesses could have an edge via automating encoded transaction and faster closing of deals. So, real time data from an IoT channel could be used in such transactions while preserving the privacy of the parties. For internet of things, security remains a main challenge and the cryptographic processes empower a BlockChain could help fight. It offers robust security from data theft, which is al what the IoT network needs.
Collect and act on NPS-powered customer feedback in real time to deliver amazing customer experiences at every brand touchpoint. By closing the customer feedback loop with NPS, you will grow revenue, retain more customers, and evolve your business in the process. Try it free.
2. Dependency on Big Data Analytics would increase. Dynamic data sharing is at the heart of IoT solutions. Big data would be instrumental in creating responsive apps. Integrating IoT data channels with machine learning engines for retrieving on demand analytics insights already gained momentum this year and definitely would exponentially grow more. Enterprises, as an IoT service provider should steer innovation towards such in built predictive analysis.
The need for big data skills subsequently will rise by 75 percent and use of data in HR system has been implemented. While most IoT service providers have highlighted the shortage of extensively skilled candidates, internal learning programs in proximity with R&D has set bells ringing.
3. Venture capitalist would be more confident. The undeniable impact of internet of things iot devices would continue to lure more startup capitalists to projects that are highly innovate It’s one of the few markets which have the interest of the emerging and traditional venture capital. Although the growth next year is attested firmly and the true potential is yet to be unearthed, IoT ventures would be preferred than everybody else. Approximately, 28 percent of businesses assured adding IoT to their services model, from retail, transportation, insurance and mining industries.
4. Devices would become a marketing platform. Since the integration of technology to daily lives, brands use location to suggest relevant updates automatically, would upscale towards looking for more personalized information. Customer data is of prime importance here, capitalizing on it for personalized marketing would continue to grow. The devices that people to feed details would instantly channelize information to different marketing platform. For instance, automobile service operators that offer lucrative discounts after accessing driving data, as shared by the insurance company one is initially feeding details to.
5. AI would have a role too. Machine learning is the most proven technology of AI that could compute data, based on predictive thinking, without needing manual programming and triggering real time tasks in the internet of things channel. That is, from stimulating real time alerts out of programmed instructions, the IoT would go smart and capture instructions that are derived out of routine habits and do manual tasks for people. Be prepared for the Siri of Apple to actually answer the doorbell or prepare coffee. This would empower IoT and internet of things devices to take a leap from smart devices to completely equipped smart homes and institutions. Such accurate information with secured environment could be innovated to boosting operational effectiveness and improve customer engagements.
6. The number of connected devices would double. The rapid proliferation of IoT projects in the last five years resulted in billions of interconnected devices. As consumers continue staying hooked to more gadgets, the IoT expanse would explode. The number of connected devices exponentially grew from millions to billions. This year it would at least double and touch a whopping 46 billion by 2021. More internet of things devices would enter the channels more than ever. A clear indication of the direct dependency over gadgets and this is how the future is shaped.
IoT adoption is seen in numerous industries all over the world. It is the future. It could significantly improve the lives of consumers, aside from providing more stream of revenue for business organizations all throughout the world. It is predicted that the internet of things would generate revenues that will exceed $300 billion by 2020.
Communication and media providers are at the heart, driving connectivity. Thus, it’s important for providers to invest now, allow services across different industries and create partnerships, which help minimize the risk and test innovations.
The IoT trend and growth does not stop. It continues to exponentially grow as more and more organizations are integrating it to their processes. A wide range of inventions that had people in doubt and skeptical before now would finally see the day’s light. With so many industries expanding the impact of the internet of things devices and leveraging them to boost businesses, without doubt the IoT is not going way and would be a big part of the future indeed. A proactive approach to preparing infrastructure for future IoT technologies ensure readiness to take advantage of the new big market.