Web to print is increasingly being adopted by the printers both B2B and B2C to provide unmatched customer experiences to customers for every touchpoint such as digital, verbal, physical and visual. The rising importance of customer experience is one of the reasons why web-to-print is a big hit among corporate printers to increase client satisfaction and retention.
Corporate printers deal with B2B businesses on daily basis and thus, are required to be aware about their brand requirements, monthly orders, processing them on timely basis and shipping them before the deadlines. In a printing scenario where there is no robust Print MIS or no data about the businesses a printer is dealing with, it becomes quite cumbersome for printers to deliver the same experience all the time. This article outlines how web to print help corporate printers serving their clients better
1. Customer Account – Web to print takes printing companies on an ecommerce platform providing them with the option of configuring separate customer accounts for different companies they are dealing with. These customer account contain information like previous orders, monthly orders, contact person and their info, shipping and billing address etc along with the facility to store brand artwork and images.
This helps corporate printers in assessing average value orders from the customers, cross-selling or up-selling other products and services to provide one stop solution to their clients. The corporate clients are always time pressed with the deadlines and multiple tasks at their hand, printers acting like one stop solution for all the printing needs are going to better customer satisfaction rate with higher customer retention.
2. Approval Workflow – Corporate customers have multiple hierarchies and there can be requirement of written approval and workflows in most of the cases. Sometimes email and call approvals led to the problem of printing wrong artwork, increase in production wastage and increase in costs for either print providers or clients. Any of this scenario is enough to make customers switch from one print service provider to the other. Good web to print solutions also come with the features of tagging notes while ordering for production. Print admins or operations team can check for comments or notes, do the required artwork changes and can upload soft-copy for approval in customer’s account. Customers will be notified for the new version, they can download and view proof files, check comments history and changes and approve proof or make comments if any more changes are required.
With web to software there are inbuilt workflow processes that can be customized to suit customer requirements. This reduces the efforts required to get the approvals and put them into printing. Once the signed authority from the client has approved to go ahead with the print, printers will get notifications, they can print and ship the orders without worrying about the wrong artworks or changes etc.
3. Customized Pricing for corporates – Companies usually have high value order customers and thus printers provide them with the special pricing with email or phone conversation. Many print service providers fear that if print processes go digital they will leave their personal touch with the high value customer but web to print enhances personalized pricing for each customer based on their lifetime value, previous order and future business prospects with them.
Advanced web to print solutions can be customized from the back end to provide flexible and scalable corporate specific pricing and payment options. Apart from setting the customised pricing options along with the required payment options (pay as you go, credit or debit point systems) and split order shipping to multiple addressed based on different branch address of the company.
4. Role based Access – Web to print solutions come with advanced features that provide role-based access to operate order and approval process to different people within organization. Print service provider can provide different access to operations team such Super Admin to manage various corporate accounts. Corporate admins can manage their own website, design templates, orders, approve/decline approval requests, create and manage users, process payments etc. This creates a distinct process to handle corporate users, their payments and approval workflows without any confusion, unlike the traditional printing ways.
5. Print Workflow Management – Web to print solution whether it is for corporate printers or normal print ecommerce businesses, comes with a print workflow management. Print workflow management modules help corporate printers in optimizing existing print production workflows to reduce costs, avoid reprinting jobs and effective waste management.
Print workflow and MIS enable web to print adopting companies to create a robust data-driven business with the features like quotation workflow, artwork approval workflow, job sheet and order management, production workflow management, and variable data printing. Whether printing businesses are serving enterprise customers or regular customers, these features take away the pain of managing data offline as your web to print software takes care of it. These data when recorded helps businesses in making informed decision in giving discounts to corporates, deciding on the pricing options and other customer service improvement that directly impacts client retention and satisfaction.
These are few of the ways why web to print helps corporate printers to increase client satisfaction and retention. Before choosing right web to print solution here are the few features and vendor specific criteria, print service providers should look for –
1. Integrations – Printing companies use a lot of technologies to take care of different processes. The right web to print solutions must be able to integrate with the existing technology stack without additional costs being invested into renewing the existing applications portfolio.
2. Customer Support Differentiation – New processes take time to adapt to new technology and companies need support from web to print provider. Look for web to print companies that provide customer support to adapt to usage of web to print software after completion of implementation.
3.Dashboard and Reports – The complete overview in terms of dashboards, analytics and reports is important for print service providers to get idea about monthly sales, order value, increase/decrease in sales from each and every customer etc.
Conclusion – Web to print can be a real differentiator among all the print service providers and businesses utilizing it right way will go a long way in the run. In the wave of digitalization, web to print can take print businesses to provide distinctive business service.