It is for the whole world to see that smartphones have virtually changed human existence. Not only that, but they have also transformed interactions between businesses and their customers — this is especially true for e-commerce businesses. Research has shown that about one-third of all customers that engage with e-commerce businesses today are mobile-based. Also, while many of such companies believe all they need to accommodate their mobile-based customers is responsive web design.
While it is easy to see why that would be the case, the truth remains that there exists a significantly more advantageous way to provide access to e-commerce businesses for mobile device-based customers — a mobile app. Besides saving time and being cost-effective, there’s an abundance of reasons that make mobile apps a more appropriate choice than just adapting the e-commerce website for mobile browsers.
To help clarify this discussion further, we will now walk you through the top benefits proffered by mobile apps for e-commerce businesses.
- Ease of access: Studies have shown that customers are more inclined to use a mobile app instead of accessing the store through a mobile browser. It is because, with an app, they don’t have to either remember nor regularly input the URL and login credentials to browse and buy from the store.
- Quicker and more secure payments: Mobile apps provide users with the option to remember not only their login credentials but also those for making payments. It not only helps organize the buying process for the user but also streamlines things for the business. With mobile apps, payments can be made even more accessible via services such as Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, and more.
- Personalized content: Today, customers demand services, products, and offers that are useful to them instead of scanning through everything on offer to find what something of interest to them. So, when customers create their profiles on the mobile app, businesses gain access to data that can be leveraged to deliver tailored recommendations and other relevant content.
- Improved customer loyalty: Studies have shown that as compared to customers who visit the store via a mobile browser, customers who use the mobile app are twice as likely to return to the store within a month. Besides that, mobile apps also empower businesses with multiple other highly effective means to interact and engage with their customers. It includes push notifications, reward programs, better support, and more.
- Better control over customers’ experience: When you are developing a mobile app, you gain the ability to put together a robust and novel user experience by the different devices involved. Additionally, e-commerce businesses are also able to guide the user interface, customize the background, and deliver quicker service.
With the popularity of mobile apps set to grow exponentially over the next few years, we are quickly reaching the point where they will become an indispensable part of ensuring a perfect user experience. So, don’t wait any longer and get in touch with a leading mobile app development company to start building a mobile app for your e-commerce business right away!