Call center speech analytics (CCSA) is a recently developed offshoot of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) fields that examines substratal data gathered from communications between customers and call center agents.  The applied science of speech analytics for call centers involves, among several other concepts, analyzing call records for phonemes and pinpointing key phrases that contribute to a deeper understanding of customer meanings, intentions and behaviors. In addition, phoneme analysis compares a language’s known phoneme frequencies with given voice frequencies. By using familiar probabilities of phoneme frequencies or combinations of frequencies, transcription accuracy is significantly increased.
By implementing call center speech analytics into a call center’s business strategy, managers of call centers are able to identify specific customer behaviors associated with positive outcomes, determine and resolve core issues by analyzing problematic customer-agent interactions and develop best practices standards intended to streamline overall operations of their call center.
A Concise Definition of Call Center Speech Analytics–5 Things to Know
• Utilization of speech phoneme analysis included in call center analytics systems enhances evaluation of emotional content of customer and agent speech. It can be considered a type of subliminal algorithm essential for determining whether customers are genuinely satisfied with their experiences or intend to call back with further requests or complaints.
• CCSA interprets the location and amount of non-speech intervals vs speech intervals, an important variable in quantifying statistics regarding customer satisfaction and agent capability.
• CCSA identifies relevant phrases and words that can then be included in post-processing of customer-agent interactions.
• CCSA quickly and efficiently confirms both positive and negative performances of call center agents so that re-training programs may be implemented as quickly as possible.
• CCSA provides automated assessments of trends within call centers so that owners can make necessary adjustments expeditiously.
Top 5 Benefits of Call Center Speech Analytics
1. Significantly Improves Quality of Service by Monitoring All Agent-Customer Interactions
With call center speech analytics software simultaneously analyzing all incoming and outgoing communications, call center owners can monitor how well agents adhere to scripts and ensure industry regulations are met. CCSA also improves resolution rates of first calls, which helps to reduce call volumes during the busiest hours. As a result of eliminating performance and operational problems, call centers enjoy streamlined service quality in all sectors and increased satisfaction of firms relying on call centers.
2. Reduces Overhead and Standard Operational Expenditures
Techtarget reports that call center speech analytics software pays for itself in as little as three months.  By filtering out and providing cost savings data across the board, call center owners will be able to avoid counter productive spending, decrease customer attrition, enhance their reputation among businesses requiring call centers and improve customer experience.
3. Transform Customer Experience into a Steadily Progressive Metric
More and more call centers are relying on call center speech analytics to upgrade customer experience. Organizations depending on call centers to provide their customers with satisfying and fruitful interactions will take their business elsewhere if they discover inferior agent-customer synergy. Speech analytics software not only mines, evaluates and presents audio and textual data but also gathers information regarding reasons for calls, emotional nuances in a customer’s voice and how well agents are addressing a customer’s needs and expectations.
4. Pinpoints Cross-sell and Up-sell Opportunities that Naturally Increase Revenue
Call centers using CCSA and businesses relying on call centers will both enjoy benefits emerging from the ability of speech analytics software to detect how well specific cross-sells or up-sells influence customer satisfaction. In addition, CCSA identifies positive or negative responses given by a particular demographic so that organizations can make changes to marketing/product strategies. Moreover, real-time call center speech analytics is now capable of creating personalized cross-sell or up-sell alternatives that meet or exceed a customer’s unique needs.
5. Improves All Facets of Key Metrics
Top priorities for all call center managers are minimizing rates of first-call resolutions and reducing average handling times. By delivering insights into why customers need to contact a call center repeatedly, call center speech analytics offers data that exposes the root cause of the FCR problem. For example, it not only identifies why customers may call again several days or several weeks later but also reveals instances of repetitious calls that were not detected via other means. CCSA also answers questions about whether changes in an agent’s communication style is needed or if some repeated calls are simply unavoidable.
Call Center Speech Analytics Represents the Future of Marketing Intelligence
The more information companies gather about existing and potential customers, the better it can take advantage of general consumer behavior.  Firms that have spent thousands on market research are now discovering that call centers using speech analytics software can provide them with quantifiable data similar to expensive, marketing intelligence data. In addition, CCSA delivers actionable marketing reports much faster than human-centered data mining by simultaneously incorporating all calls into its computations. By eliminating random sampling probabilities, call center speech analytics software represents the future of predictive modeling/CCSA technology as a call center industry necessity and standard.