Today I was reviewing a great Hubspot presentation about B2B lead gen. One of the slides just JUMPED off the page. It had a question on it:
Tomorrow you wake up with a $10,000,000 marketing budget. What’s the first thing you do?
That’s an incredible question.
Options–Things You Could Do With the Money:
– Tradeshows – The average national tradeshow with an average booth costs about $10K. $10,000,000 could buy a lot of tradeshow leads.
– PPC – You could burn a lot money very quickly with AdWords
– Retargeting – Use AdRoll or another company to retarget people who’ve been to your site.
– Social Media Stuff – You could do advertising on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
– SEO – You could hire an agency and spend a crapload on SEO.
– PR – Hire a PR firm.
– Content – Hire someone to do a filthy amount of great content–blogs, White Papers, presentations, etc.
– Traditional Marketing – Radio, TV, newspaper, print
– Email Marketing – Partner with a media company and advertise your White Papers, webinars, etc.
– Branding – Do some ads that you can’t measure. Works great.
Things You Should Do With the Money
Well, I can’t tell you what you should do with the money. But, I will tell you what we would probably do with it:
– Priority 1 – More Content Marketing – We had great success when we wrote 3 blogs each day. We just didn’t have the bandwidth to continue. We’d probably hire 2-3 people to write content on our site, guest blogs on other sites, and expand our webinar series.
– Email Marketing – Instead of partnering with great publishers like Direct Marketing News and Search Engine Watch to promote a White Paper or webinar once every 6 months or so, we would probably do dedicated advertising with these publishers every single week or month.
– Tradeshows – I’ve written anti-tradeshow blogs on Blog.LogMyCalls.com before. Tradeshows don’t have a good CPA. BUT…they are worth doing. We would probably be a more consistent and prominent player at major tradeshows.
– SEO – We’d hire the best freaking SEO firm in the world.
– PPC – We’ve spent a fair amount of cash on AdWords. I honestly don’t know if we’d spend any more money here.
– Retargeting – It works.
– Social Media – Facebook advertising is incredibly targeted. So is LinkedIn.
So…what would you do if you had a $10,000,000 marketing budget tomorrow?
I look forward to your comments.