Okay, this one is simple. As you I’m sure don’t know, I’ve been blogging since 2005 and I had one of the first CRM blogs back in the day. There are dozens and dozens of CRM blogs and blogs that are focused on the CRM 2.0 take a.k.a. CRM with a Web 2.0 flavor. Here are my religious reads – the ones that I can’t miss bar none – and all of them are not necessarily CRM in the absolute sense – but all are customer focused. I’ve left out my favorite Web 2.0 technology only blogs – like Read/Write Web from this list – though they are my natural life support – I breathe through some of them.
The only criterion is that these are frequently updated. I have some that I love to pieces but they aren’t updated enough.
- PGreenblog – This one is mine. Hey, what kind of fool would I be to leave this one off. As far as credentials I have three – SearchCRM 2005 CRM Blog of the Year; TechTarget Whatis CRM Favorite Blog 2007 – no other CRM blog awards have ever been given. The third? Street cred.
- The Social Customer – Chris Carfi, CEO of Cerado, creator of social networking software/services, Haystack, a great friend and co-winner with me in 2005 of the SearchCRM Blog of the Year, does this very hip thing with the blog. He monitors and comment on how to engage customers using the Web 2.0 tools and real life – all from a business, but also personal life-focused perspective. Easily the most engaged.
- Enterprise 2.0 – Dion Hinchcliffe, founder of Hinchcliffe and Company writes what is easily the best blog and does some of the most comprehensive writing on how the enterprise has to adapt to the new customer reality. He looks at the application of the tools, the theory behind Enterprise 2.0, the strategies and does comprehensive sourcing so that you are never left hungry.
- CRM Chump – Besides having the best name for a blog in CRM, there is no doubt that Piyush Bakshi, the owner of CRM Chump, does his work – and can write besides. This is my all in one news source for CRM. But its more than a great link blog. He has his cogent and smart commentary sprinkled throughout his news so that its both newsy and fresh, not just some repeat from somewhere else. He is a can’t do without.
- Beagle Blog Denis Pombriant’s blog has what is the best analysis on CRM, bar none – though I like mine a lot. He is a pioneer in disruptive trends and he always provides a fresh look at what’s going on in CRM related worlds with some really smart insights. Really smart. This is where you get more cowbell.
There are many others I read, but these are my creme de la creme for now. Honestly, I can’t say enough about the 5. Five is an arbitrary number. I could have picked, say 6, or 10, or 15, but this is just such a GOOD number.
Thank you Paul, very useful pointers!
Author: CRM at the Speed of Light, 3rd Edition
My pleasure. If you’re interested in others, please let me know and I’ll post some more blogs, wikis, podcasts, social networks, etc. that are appropriate.
Reading through your list, they are all blogs that we know and recognise. But it strikes me that the blogs you mention, with the exception of Chris Carfi’s The Social Customer, mostly blog about CRM Technology, rather than about CRM business. A quick skim through the last 10 posts at each largely confirms this.
Which are the best CRM Business Blogs in your opinion?