Applications are ruling the world today. They have revolutionized the workflow. Over the years, applications have evolved a lot and are now an important part of most industries. Many new innovations are introduced every day, some highly desirable, some a little less. But mobile applications are, undoubtedly, one of the best innovations with immense potential to make a remarkable change. Medicine delivery app development has reshaped the healthcare industry.
In an organization, applications are useful for the customer as well as the employee and the owner. In the past few years, the telemedicine sector has witnessed a huge rise, significant credit goes to medicine delivery app development. It has made healthcare services easily accessible to people. If you are thinking of developing an application, it is high time to explore this industry with technical implementation. Let us give you a brief overview of the telemedicine application development process so that you can make informed decisions.
A Glance At Telemedicine Application Development
Medical device app development refers to the development of an application that eases the medical process. A patient usually has to go to the clinic, make an appointment, and then again visit on the day of the appointment. It is a hectic process for both medical professionals as well as patients. Telemedicine applications are designed to computerize the process wherever possible and connect patients with doctors at the comfort of their homes or clinics, respectively.
According to HRSA (Health Resources and Services Administration), Telehealth is defined as “the usage of electronic information and telecommunication technologies in providing healthcare treatment, in medical education, clinical data management, and medical system at all.”
Some of the top usages of medical app development are online appointments, video medical consultation, remote monitoring, and virtual services. As per statistics, “the global telehealth market is forecasted to grow from $25.4 billion in 2020 to $55.6 billion by 2025 with CAGR of 16.9%.” MDPI says, “up to 89% of patients are willing to accept telemedicine as a sufficient form of medical care and 85% of patients who receive telemedicine services are satisfied with their medical care.” The data reports, “93% of clinicians believe that telehealth is an “acceptable” method and 60% believe it is a “very effective” method of patient care overall.”
Key Features Of Telemedicine Application
Due to cut-throat competition, it is important to include key features that fulfill users’ demands with regards to medical app development. Here, we have mentioned key features that you can consider while developing an app for patients and medical professionals:
- User Profile: A user profile is a must in the doctor’s as well as the patient’s app. Users can create accounts and add necessary details such as display pictures, age, etc.
- Doctor Review: Patients can select the doctor based on their reviews. Medical app developers can add a section where patients can review a doctor’s medical profiles such as experience, qualification, patient review, etc. It will provide a clearer picture to the patients and help them choose a reliable medical professional.
- Medical Records: Add this feature to the patients’ app where the patient can upload their medical history and previous check-ups.
- Interaction Medium: It is one of the must-have features. With the help of medical app developers, you can integrate call as well as video options as per the convenience of the doctor and the patient.
- Payment Gateways: Integrate different modes of payment in the telemedicine app, including national and international payment gateways.
- Managing Appointments: Add this feature to the doctor’s app so that the doctor can manage all the appointments and proceed accordingly.
- Scheduling: This feature is a must in the doctor’s app. Doctors can schedule the check-up as per available dates.
- Prescription: With the help of Healthcare IT solutions, a medical professional can prescribe medicines to patients and add reports about their check-up and health issues.
Benefits Of Telemedicine Application
Telemedicine application developed by healthcare app developers offers a plethora of benefits to patients as well as medical professionals. Let us have a look at a few of these benefits:
- Cuts Cost On Medical Services: Telemedicine not only cuts the cost of travel but also reduces the receptionist cost for medical professionals. Doctors can shift from pen and paper mode to computerized mode and save paper costs with the help of apps developed by healthcare app developers.
- Makes Healthcare Services Quick And Easily Accessible: Patients do not have to run to the hospital each time. The telemedicine app is enough to consult doctors for minor issues. The patient can quickly get in touch with medical professionals via the app.
- Increasing The Frontiers Of The Medical Sector: Healthcare app development has not only improved the healthcare professional service but has also improved research, education, and training. Latest technology such as Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality are playing key roles.
- Efficient Monitoring System: Doctors can time to time monitor patients as per their convenience through different modes available in healthcare apps. Patients can regularly stay in touch with doctors, who can then send reports through the app. It helps to offer highly personalized service and saves time as well.
- Remote Reach: It is one of the best benefits offered due to telemedicine software development, where doctors having clinics at a specific location can virtually offer medical services to patients anywhere around the world. A psychotherapist can offer virtual consultancy easily by one-to-one talk.
Insight Into The Selection Of The Right Tech Stack
The success of an application in this highly competitive world majorly depends on the selection of a tech stack. Selection of an apt tech stack makes the telemedicine software development high performing, dynamic, and easy to use. The right tech stack for telemedicine application development is mentioned below:
- WebRTC: This is a must-have tool in medical device app development that offers video calling, storing, texting, forwarding features. It enables technology in the mobile app as well as web browsers. It helps to offer real-time communication services.
- Backend Framework: A strong backend is a must to make the telemedicine app development run smoothly and efficiently. You can use PHP to develop a telemedicine app.
- Frontend Framework: For the frontend, you can prefer to use React and React Native. It will make the app run faster.
- Cloud Services: Cloud services allow you to run the application from anywhere and anytime, provided the internet connection is good.
Telemedicine app development has made healthcare services conveniently accessible and more effective for users across the globe. Here, we tried to provide you an insight into the telemedicine app tech stack, its feature, and benefits. If you are seeking to develop a telemedicine app, make sure to keep these points in mind.