Integrated marketing campaigns are not a new concept; nor is the idea of delivering a consistent customer experience across channels, tactics and funnel touchpoints.
Integrated marketing organizations not only enjoy a connected ecosystem of tools and tactics, but the consistent brand experience of an integrated marketing program builds trust with prospects as well. While the volume and variety of channels used in B2B marketing campaigns have evolved significantly in recent years, the value of customer trust and authentic relationships has only increased.
The best way to capture that value is through seamlessly integrated marketing. And, these three brands are proving how effective integrated marketing can be in today’s B2B landscape.
B2B Brands Making Integrated Marketing Work
There are many moving parts to an integrated marketing program. B2B marketers must manage the MarTech stack, marketing ops processes and the constantly evolving buyer’s journey. Getting everything aligned and working together is incredibly complex. But, these three organizations are crushing it, and all B2B marketers could stand to take a few pages out of their playbooks.
Avalara helps businesses get tax compliance right. The company provides solutions for customers to help them face demanding tax obligations imposed by state, local and other taxing authorities around the world.
Before adopting an integrated approach, Avalara’s marketing team was struggling to execute an account-based marketing (ABM) program. Pamela Guyton-Micheles, Senior Manager, Demand Generation and International Programs, says,
It was taking a lot of time to process leads, to normalize them, dedupe contacts and make sure everything was good before it was injected into Eloqua and Salesforce.
Some of the specific challenges they encountered included:
- Spending 72 hours per week on menial tasks like managing lead vendors, processing lead data and uploading leads to Eloqua.
- Slow processing was delaying lead follow-up for three to five days.
- Poor quality leads were being passed to sales reps.
- Content syndication channels weren’t integrated with ABM programs
By adopting an integrated demand orchestration software, Avalara’s marketing and sales teams were able to regain efficiency and speed, improve lead data quality and increase program performance visibility.
Avalara Integrated Marketing Benefits
- 3,000+ total hours of SDR time saved by eliminating bad leads
- 68.6% improvement in lead quality
- 280+ hours per month of non-strategic demand gen tasks eliminated
- Drastic improvement in visibility into the performance of content syndication channels
For more insight on how Avalara unlocked the benefits of integrated marketing with the right technology partnership, click here to read their full case study.
As an agency focused on paid media requirements, Just Media fielded a team of experts ready to execute exceptional marketing strategies. However, the organization recognized their internal capacity was lagging when it came to lead acquisition and management.
Specific challenges related to integrated marketing and management Just Media faced included:
- A need for greater speed in lead validation, processing and routing.
- Technological flexibility to integrate with client CRM and databases.
- A use case for comprehensive lead analytics to achieve real-time optimization outcomes.
The Just Media team recognized that technologies for business process automation were vital to achieving their goals of agility and best-in-class speed on their clients’ behalf. AJ Resnick, Head Customer Experience & Technology, says,
“The first person that strikes up meaningful conversation with a prospective customer could well be the one that ultimately gets the deal. The faster and more effective the lead data flows between systems, the better your ROI from your media investment.”
With the right technology partnership for process automation, Just Media was able to support their clients’ need to begin outreach within a matter of hours or minutes, not days or weeks.
Just Media Integrated Marketing Results
20% average rate of rejection of bad lead data, resulting in client savings and higher quality data in client databases
- Improved media performance due to superior campaign tracking and program optimization capabilities.
- $96,800 in savings for one client program.
- With better technologies for integrated marketing, Just Media was able to achieve results within one quarter.
For in-depth insights into how this B2B agency achieved remarkable ROI on integrated marketing investments, click here.
As a global leader in cybersecurity solutions, Trend Micro protects enterprises, data centers, cloud environments, networks and endpoints. To maximize market demand for best-in-class information security solutions, Trend Micro needed integrated marketing solutions which supported efficient demand creation and scalability.
For this top information security brand, integrated marketing represented an opportunity to scale without sacrificing quality or resources. Ashleigh Davis, Senior Marketing Manager of Demand Generation & Operations, says,
“Cybersecurity is huge and we need to be in the conversation…Since time and personnel resources are precious, we needed to be smarter and more efficient.”
Prior to adopting technologies to orchestrate demand generation and integrated marketing efforts, Trend Micro’s challenges included:
- Negatively impacted content and lead generation performance due to manual efforts.
- Difficulty in maximizing the potential of their marketing automation platform due to pervasive lead data quality issues.
- Challenges achieving top-of-funnel visibility across content, channels and programs to understand which efforts were driving results.
By adopting a single software solution to solve key integrated marketing challenges, Trend Micro was able to scale quickly and achieve their pipeline goals.
Trend Micro Integrated Marketing Results
- Saved 25 hours per month of manual efforts with features to centralize lead sources and automate manual lead processing efforts.
- Reduced average time to lead follow-up from over one week to less than 24 hours.
- Achieved a 660% increase in pipeline value in one 12 months, while unlocking greater transparency across top-of-funnel sources.
To learn more about Trend Micro’s success in scaling their global demand marketing efforts, click here.
Unlocking the Benefits of Integrated Marketing
While all three of the organizations profiled have very different industries and challenges, their path to achieving the full scope of benefits associated with integrated marketing involved similar processes. These organizations all worked to drive business process improvements, transparency and greater capacity for in-flight campaign optimization with the right technologies for integrated campaign management.
Integrated marketing is only possible with the right combination of people, processes and software. For more info and insights from the marketing pros who have implemented successful integrated marketing programs, download the “Demand Marketing’s Top 40 Game Changers eBook.”