Artificial intelligence is set to change the future of the food industry. It is helping farmers produce high-quality yields with accurate weather predictions, enabling restaurant owners to reduce waste and assisting grocery stores to maximize sales!
From food processing and farming to supply chain and food safety compliance, AI has penetrated every aspect of the food industry. Early adopters of this emerging technology are sure to become the market leaders of tomorrow.
If you want to unlock business growth leveraging the power & potential AI, here are the top 10 areas that you can optimize:
- Automated Food Processing: Food processing has now become a fully programmed activity to ensure complete hygiene and high quality of food. The facilities are already leveraging AI-powered robots to emulate the dexterity of human hands. This has helped them accelerate the pace of food production while ensuring safety and hygiene.
- Accurate Forecasting: Restaurant owners are leveraging AI-enabled algorithms to accurately predict demands. By analyzing how people respond to social media promotions, discounts, and seasonal offers, they make informed decisions about inventory management and fulfill orders without overstocking.
- Efficient Waste Management: Harnessing the potential of AI at the fork end of the farm-to-fork concept helps reduce food waste and increase efficiency. Kitchens that use artificial intelligence can reduce their food waste by 40-70% within the first year itself. An AI-enabled camera can help them sort the foods that eventually end up in the bin and drive sustainability.
- Customer Support Chatbots: Many retailers, hotels, and restaurants have already deployed chatbots to engage and convert potential customers. These interactive bots can be enabled with machine learning technology to influence buying decisions based on the consumer’s personal preferences and buying behavior of food merchandise, hotel bookings & more.
- Using Data for Decision Making: Machine learning technology can analyze the complex data of thousands of buyers and deliver actionable insights in a jiffy. This valuable information can then be leveraged to boost productivity, customize marketing campaigns, target customers, influence purchase decisions, price products, and much more.
- Food Safety Compliance: Safety is a major concern in the food industry. Implementing AI-based cameras can help ensure if employees are following all hygiene protocols and wearing appropriate food protection gear. The cameras also help in enforcing discipline and averting contamination with careful cleansing of equipment.
- Supply Chain Management: AI can be used to streamline and simplify supply chain management. It enables end-to-end monitoring of raw material procurement, production, pricing, and stock levels. Predictive analytics can also be applied at every stage of the food chain for real-time visibility and an optimized supply chain.
- Online Food Order Management System: A comprehensive online food order management system offers an unparalleled food ordering experience. It uses data analytics to run a 3-way hyper-connected marketplace by tracking demand, supply, and delivery operations. Connecting customers to restaurants provides a personalized and convenient experience. AI & ML foster real-time optimization of demand-supply to increase your order value and revenue.
- Sorting Food: Food sorting is a tedious and time-consuming process fraught with challenges. While the freshness of the product is key, there are several other sorting steps to decide which potatoes or tomatoes should be used for making French fries, chips, or ketchup. AI can solve many sorting complications while reducing waste, saving time, improving quality, and resulting in higher productivity.
- Developing New Products: The food processing industry is highly competitive. For instance, Coca-Cola, the global beverage giant owns 500+ brands that produce more than 3000 types of drinks. But when it comes to deciding which flavor is to be launch next, the company uses AI. It helps them identify customer wants and preferences from self-serving soda foundations that create customized drinks.
The implementation of AI in the food industry has triggered a paradigm shift that has resulted in fewer human errors, reduced waste, space-saving, faster service, personalized products, increased sales, and seamless supply chain management. It is no surprise that companies are looking for technology partners to kick-start their AI journeys for better business outcomes. What about you?