People searching for keywords and phrases related to your website or business on Google are potential buyers who are looking for solutions. Thus, having a robust SEO strategy to derive traffic to your site is a must.
More than 65% of the buyers or customers don’t go past the first 5 Google search results and 70% don’t go past the first page of listing itself. So, if your website shows up on the first page of the Google listings through a plethora of useful, relevant, and informative content, you’ll receive an increased amount of organic traffic.
Below is a 3-step process to create an instant SEO report and create a holistic SEO strategy to boost organic traffic for your website and turn the site visitor into a potential customer.
- Step 1 – On-Page SEO
- Step 2 – Off-Page SEO
- Step 3 – Keyword Review
The below given step-by-step process will help you get on with each of these aspects and create an SEO strategy that will improve your website’s SEO score.
Step 1 – On-Page SEO
Let’s focus on the content of your website because that’s what on-site SEO is all about.
1. On-Page Optimization: On-Page optimization is what people mostly understand when we talk about “Search Engine Optimization.” They are the technical and keyword-specific details on your website that need to be ironed out. Having a good on-page SEO would make it clear to Google what your web pages and website are all about.
There are many factors that go into on-page SEO like title, tags, meta descriptions, and H-tags.
2. Technical SEO: Technical SEO seems like a complicated process to get into but is a necessary evil in the world of SEO.
Technical SEO would ideally make you focus on factors like your website’s loading speed, and mobile-friendliness of your site that adds up to user experience. The main goal of technical SEO is to shape your website in such a way that it becomes accessible to Google to find, crawl and index through the website with ease.
3. On-Page Analysis: By analyzing and fixing the building blocks of your website, you have increased the chances of moving up the ranking ladder of search engines. The on-page analysis comes in with the low effort but maximum output factor as this is where you have the most control over on-page SEO. It usually consists of analyzing and addressing issues like
- Content of the website
- Title & Meta Tags
- URL Structure
- Image Alt Text
- Keywords review
Step 2 – Off-Page SEO
SEO expands beyond your website and this section is an essential building block to ensure the success of your SEO strategies as this is the place where your business will begin slacking off.
1. Backlinks: Although it might not look like that, having backlinks is one of the most important SEO strategies. You will need them in order to let the search engines get a hold of your website.
- Referring Domains: These are domains that are linking back to your site. This number will affect your site’s ranking in a major way.
- Domain Authority: A 100-pointer scale generated by SEO tools based on your backlinks. The higher the number, the better chance to rank for a specific keyword.
2. Competitors Analysis: It is never a bad idea to learn what your competitors are up to. It is one of the widely used SEO strategies. Competitor Analysis helps us figure out new and inventive ways our competition is generating new links.
By doing this, you’ll also learn what link-building strategies will work best for your site. Competitor Analysis doesn’t necessarily mean to have replicated the competitor’s ways but to outperform their strategies in every category. Ultimately, you will begin to surpass their links in the search engines.
3. Link Building: Once you are done with the above two factors, it’s time to create more link-building strategies for your site. This step combined with the on-site SEO strategies you’re already doing lays the foundation to rank higher with your keyword.
Getting citations from local businesses will help you establish your website as a legitimate business. In addition, it will also help Google distinguish what your business is all about.
Resource pages are more of a beneficial option here to build links. Many websites create this page to list businesses that do a specific thing. If you find one of these pages for your website, all you have to do is reach out to their staff or team and kindly request your addition.
Step 3 – Keyword Review
The last thing you can do to improve your SEO is to review your keywords. Before we get our site in front of the audience, we need to know what they’re exactly looking for.
Also, it would be beneficial to learn that the keywords are treated differently by search engines than they used to be. In the past, keywords volume was directly correlated to the ranking of the webpage, this led to cheating the system by stuffing the keyword all around the content. Nowadays, the website gets penalized for such practices and is rewarded for user-friendly content with the right use of keywords.
Your website’s keyword review should address the following factors
- Keywords & phrases associated with your website
- Keywords your visitors and target audience are searching for
- The volume of monthly searches
- Competition to rank
What Good SEO Tactics Can Do For Your Site?
It’s one thing to understand and implement steps to improve the SEO of your website. It’s another thing to have a strategic mindset to efficiently execute these steps. If you need help in figuring out if your site is fully optimized by SEO, there are tools that provide instant SEO reports and data of your website’s performance and health.
The only way to benefit from SEO strategies is to be consistent with them. SEO requires patience as it takes time to implement and time for search engines to understand and analyze your website. One should not lose heart and instead put in more effort because with time. It will ultimately reap the fruit of one’s labor.