Building the Future of Service for the Next Generation of Customers
Trends That Will Affect Customer Service and Customer Experience
Shep Hyken interviews Jonathan Shroyer, Chief Customer Experience Innovation Officer of Arise Virtual Solutions, a customer service outsourcing and consulting firm. He shares insights about the future of customer service and the power of customer experience in driving tremendous value for your business.
- To get the C-suite to invest in customer experience, demonstrate ROI. You must understand what indicators drive business growth and compare it to the data that the customers provide based on their experience. Find a correlation between these sets of data and how it affects your revenue.
- When you lose a customer because of a negative experience, the new customers you gain will only make up for those who have left. It does nothing to increase your revenue. In comparison, if you take care of those customers the right way, they will stay, creating decade-long customers that will continuously bring in more business. And along the way, new customers will help continue to grow the business, as well.
- Shroyer shares the top 3 customer service and experience trends that he can see happening in the next decade.
- Trend #1 People are changing the way they work. In the old days, companies were at the wheel when it came to work-life harmony. Today, workers are moving towards a more flexible framework because they now have a choice of how they want to work. Employees are now empowered to choose where they want to work and where they want to live. We will be seeing a mega trend where companies will become more competitive with compensation, benefits packages, and remote work options to retain their customer service employees.
- Trend #2 Hybrid AI. When it comes to solving customer service problems in the future, it’s not a choice between bots or humans that will solve the customer’s problems. It will take both. A hybrid approach is where a skilled human being can come in, modify or improve upon what a bot has already done.
- Trend #3 AI One-on-One Companions. In the next five years, multiple companies will launch products where AI can solve 99% of known issues for a customer and only 1% where the customer needs to call a human customer service agent. This takes the concept of products like Alexa and Siri to a different level where AI one-on-one companions are fully customized and integrated with the customer’s passions and interests.
“Customer service and experience are how organizations can protect their revenue.”
“Always be learning. Nobody has a silver bullet, but we all have amazing experiences. We can learn, listen, support, and collaborate with each other.”
Jonathan Shroyer is the Chief Customer Experience Innovation Officer of Arise Virtual Solutions, a customer service outsourcing and offshoring consulting firm. Recognized as a renowned thought leader in the industry through multiple mentions, Jonathan is a sought-after speaker and writer.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions and more:
- What is the future of customer experience?
- What is a hybrid AI?
- How will the new work setups affect customer service?
- How does an AI One-on-One Companion work?
- How do you get the C-suite to invest in customer service and experience?