I just had the chance to get some insights about the very latest CRM technology
Here is what the next generation CRM system looks like:
1) It will for the first time integrate the CUSTOMER into the system – so finally we can rightfully call it CRM.
2) The system is build in a way that no more data maintenance is necessary – everybody maintainers their own data.
3) The good news for sales – they can take some of the data with them if they leave a company
4) Revenue planning is done by the customer – with obviously highest accuracy – no more guessing. Hence no more sales funneling.
5) It has an embedded reference selling engine. So prospects get automatically introduced to customers.
6) The activity reports can be written from all over the world, the customer can edit it if it is not accurate
7) Since spamming customers with emails no longer makes sense, all the complications with mail shots go away
8) Each user is setting up and maintaining his/her own account so the load for IT is dramatically reduced
9) And since the customers have access too – we do not integrate with ERP (another cost reduction)
10) The only function that is no longer in that system and need to move to ERP is forecasting
11) Added features are photos from the customer and their teams
12) No more asking an assistant to figure out the birthday of the customer its all part of the system
13) To better understand the relationship to that customer – the new CRM system even shows the customers friends, family hobbies…
14) The new CRM system is obviously web based so can be accessed via browser from anywhere in the world
15) Some BRAND NEW features include relationship builder, virtual introduction manager, feedback manager, it has a cool CLE (Customer Listening Engine) also known as BLOG, loyalty generator, advocacy report manager and more.
16) The reporting system is also completely overhauled. But it still reports customer size, geographic spread, sentiment analysis and much more
18) Implementation cost however is high – it requires sales to go through a brain wash
Here is an interesting users manual.
Some people gave it also a new name and call it “Social Media”.
It feels a bid early. Only about 300 Million users are using it today, which is only 5% of the world population. But there is a tendency that it may actually get some more adoption. And also there are first classes to actually teach this stuff:
New CRM driver school
Only time will tell