Most content marketers find it challenging to scale up content and publish it on a significant number of platforms. Plus, there is added pressure to maintain content quality and engagement. Irrespective of the size of the team, the content creation workload almost always seems humongous.
So what’s the solution?
Content repurposing is a unique strategy to squeeze the most out of your existing content assets. It’s the best way to add the maximum value to your target audience by offering the right information, at the right time, and through the right platform. A business blog lies at the heart of any content strategy. You can recycle your blog content in numerous exciting ways and give wings to your content creation productivity. Let’s look at some exciting blog content repurposing scenarios that can help earn efficient content marketing outcomes.
1. Slideshow Videos
Video content has a huge demand right now. 85% of all internet users in the United States watched online video content monthly on any of their devices. The content format is easy to understand, visually appealing, and lively. You can convert your existing blog content into easy-to-create slideshow videos.
- Use the summary of your blog post and some attractive background images to put together a slideshow video for your YouTube channel.
- There are quite a few cost-effective video maker tools that can help churn out many such videos in no time.
- While refashioning blog posts into videos, align your content with your brand’s style guidelines.
Repurposing existing blog posts into video content is an intelligent way to reach an audience that prefers video content to blog posts.
2. Quora Answers
With over 300 million active users worldwide, Quora is the ultimate question and answer community. The platform offers marketers and business owners a platform to display their expertise by answering niche-specific questions.
How to start converting blog posts into Quora answers?
- Look for niche questions on Quora that are relevant and trending. You can follow the applicable topics and use the Quora search bar to look for such questions.
- Once you’ve made your list, find existing content on your blog that answers those questions.
- Now simply repurpose a pertinent blog content into a well-constructed and insightful Quora answer. Repeat this process to answer many such questions
This way, you can work towards becoming a thought leader on Quora without creating fresh content for the platform.
Ebooks work well when it comes to collecting valuable leads for your business. How to convert blog posts into a compelling eBook?
- Make a list of blog posts that cover a broad topic.
- Arrange them into a series of chapters to create an ebook.
- Rewrite the content to make it unique and appealing to your readers. Don’t forget to update the stats and facts by replacing them with the latest ones.
- Get a professional designer to create an attractive design for your eBook.
The simple process can help you quickly publish many eBooks efficiently and cost-effectively.
4. Social Media Posts
Wish to be in the middle of all the online action? You can’t miss social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram. Creating new content for each of these platforms can be time-consuming. Here are some tips for using existing blog posts to create social media updates:
- LinkedIn is an excellent platform for text-based social updates. You can pick key pointers from a blog post and create a quick snack-able update for your target audience.
- For platforms like Facebook or Instagram, you can create an image-based post with a relevant quote or stat. You can even include a graphic to showcase valuable tips from the original content piece.
It’s always a good strategy to keep your social media timelines moving. And what better way than to use published blog posts to create bit-sized and easy-to-share content for your social media fans and followers?
5. Guest Posts
Guest posts are probably the best content channel to grow your audience and display niche expertise. If you have many exciting blog posts on your business blog, you can pitch some of them to authority sites and publications.
- Give a new story angle to a blog post that you recently published on your site.
- Write a new headline and synopsis and send a personalised pitch to blog editors.
- Re-do your existing blog post to create a unique guest story once your pitch gets approved.
Guest posting may be a long-drawn and challenging process. But repurposing existing content can get you the results far more quickly and easily.
6. Create Infographics
Infographics add a much-needed zing to branded content. Recycling an existing blog post into an infographic can help you publish lots of exciting visual content in no time.
- Pick out stats, facts, and critical information from the blog post you wish to convert into an infographic.
- Use an infographic design template that fits your requirements.
- Introduce your infographic with a brief introduction. Use graphs, charts, and tables to present the information concisely.
No need to get the heebie-jeebies when planning a new infographic; find a high-performing blog post, and you’re ready to roll.
7. Email Series
Emails are an incredible way to hook the audience and build a strong relationship with them. It’s easy to convert a long-form blog post into an email series.
- Pick up sub-sections from your blog post and use each as a new email message.
- You could use the topic as the subject line of the email.
- Make use of instructions, examples, and graphics to create an attractive email design.
It’s a fantastic way to convert in-depth blog posts into weekly email series. The strategy allows marketers to share nuggets of consumable information that prospects can easily access in the comfort of their inbox.
Marketers can transform branded blog content into several attractive content formats. A blog repurposing strategy is a terrific way to save time and money that’s otherwise invested in creating new content assets. It’s an easy way to publish content on various platforms and achieve the desired brand reach.