With this blog, we are not suggesting that you should stop distributing your organizational content regarding the product and services over emails. That is exactly what you must do to garner more crowd.
We want you to understand the aspect of human communication where you must circulate authentic content that you would like to read and share. For making a successful connection with your audience, you need to tap into the underlying human empathy.
Building a successful sales process is important for improving the bottom line of your business. A well-defined sales process keeps you on track and aids in closing more deals.
However, for achieving best sales results, you even need to have a positive personality with an effective sales process.
To help you out, I have stated the six steps for adding personality to your sales process:
Step 1 – Do complete background research on your end
- Take your time researching your prospects buying habit before reaching out to them. However, make sure not to overdo it.
- You should always know the limits of the research on your prospect.
- Keep a tab on their activities and text them with standard congratulations or salutations.
Step 2 – Refine yourself
- While striking the conversation with prospects and customers future sales of their business let them know that they are talking to an actual human being.
- Develop a personality that attracts the audience.
- Share fun facts that you face in your daily routine, but beware they do not need the graphic details of your daily activity; professional or personal.
I hope your weekend was wonderful and relaxing. I went camping and hiking in Pine Grove Furnace State Park, Pennsylvania. I had hoped it would be fun, but it was hilarious as I secured a place which was bustling with some middle schoolers who were on their youth retreat. Trust me when I say this, but I would keep a safe distance with the fidget spinner now.
For our conference call scheduled for Thursday, I am attaching the initial draft of the proposal. Once you read it please note down any questions or edits that you have in mind.
Talk to you soon.
Step 3 – Be a cool salesperson
- Talking business is what you have been hired for, yes, but you must not do that all the time. Make it a bit easy and refreshing for your prospect.
- Take note if the prospect or customer follows any podcasts or has been following any particular page, person or product?
- Use such minute details and connect with the prospect. Once you do this, it is easier to ask for further references.
Step 4 – Maximize the meaningful moments
- If you made acquaintance with your prospect at some annual meet or a conference, make sure you mention that exact moment which will remind him/her of meeting you.
- Use a bit of individualized touch in your outreach emails with a relevant subject line and deliver the actual content inside the email.
- Make it clear to the recipient that you are not reaching out to them because you want to make yet another sale. This will help you build a long-term relationship with that person.
- Follow through on your commitments and at times make them feel right about your approach.
Step 5 – Focus on “them” first
- Completing your sales activities and achieving your sales goals is necessary and you should dedicate your time doing that, there is no doubt about this fact.
- However, you will be able to do this only if you keep your prospects first, and you can do that by giving them the best of your attention.
- Drop the “I” in your email and focus more on the “you” or “your.”
Step 6 – Capitalize on that sweet out-of-office (OOO-message)
- Being a sales rep means traveling. Moreover, while you are away, you might receive a lot of OOO messages.
- Stop using your standard “Thanks for writing to me, but I am OOO until X date and will get back to you when I am back.”
- Instead, mix it up with your company’s content links and let them get familiar with more of your products and services.
Wrapping it up
Always wrap up your message and conversation with something subtle and straightforward. Moreover, do not make it evident that you are treating them as another sales target in your sales goal.
You need to make sure that you use better email templates that help you touch base with your prospect and clients, hence saving their sales time.