AI or Artificial Intelligence has been in vogue for quite some time. However, it is predicted that with the onset of New Year, the latest technologies like AI, big data, and analytics need to improvise in order to offer a better result. The upgraded interface will also lead to an enhanced collaboration between machines and human. The enterprises will be benefited in a huge way as the resources will be shifting to cloud along with the accentuated analytics solutions and business brilliance. The analytics will be redesigned and the data management roles will be redefined in order to obtain the finest outcome. It is predicted that 70% of the enterprises will be implementing the revised version of AI in the upcoming year, which was 40% and 51% in 2016 and 2017 respectively.
Predictions for the Latest Technologies in the Upcoming Year
Experts have foreseen a few possibilities of the re-designed technologies in 2018. Let’s have a look at the top 10 predictions:
- Among the entire group of enterprises who will adopt the newest technology, 25% of them will be inserting the point-and-click analytics with colloquial interfaces. This will be materialized as the analytical applications will be impregnated with a new feature, in which data can be interrogated with the help of a natural language. The results can also be obtained in real-time visualization.
- With the advancement of the technology, the firms will be relying on the decision-making power of Artificial Intelligence. 20% of the companies will be handing over this responsibility to AI in order to get real-time instructions. AI will analyze the integral situation and will offer the best possible solution to the customers, profitable terms to the suppliers, and instructions to the employees. These instructions are predicted to offer an immense advantage to the firms.
- In a global survey, it was found that since 2016 more than 100 terabytes of the unstructured data has doubled. This situation arose as the conventional text-analytics platform was very complex, which restricted the analysis of text data. As a result, only 32% of the companies have been able to analyze the text data. The unstructured data sources were also not analyzed by most of the companies. This had lead to confusion in the past, as a result; the constrictions between the structured and unstructured data will be eradicated by AI as deep learning has made the analyzing process of the data precise and scalable.
- Various enterprises are making a recurring investment on the data lakes without any assured business outcomes. Hence, it is predicted that nearly 33% of the companies will take their funding off the data lakes, to verify whether they can survive on their own or not.
- Cloud computing offers immense benefits financially as well as operationally. Hence, in 2018, 50% of the enterprises will be converting their big data and analytics to public-cloud-first policy. This will enable them to have a better hold on the capital invested and is expected to offer higher benefits than the in-house software services.
- Organizations are running to serve the customers. Hence, the main purpose to run a business is to set up a customer-centric firm that will follow the voice of the customers. To deal with it in a greater way, 56% of the companies have implemented a specific excellence unit. It works in contrast to the centralized operating center and is believed to offer better results.
- Chief Data Officers or CDOs will change their strategy from being defensive to offensive. They will be seeking an opportunity to explore the innovative data with the help of analytics that is impregnated in the process of internal business. This can also be done with the help of external data enabled products. By the upcoming year, more than 50% of the CDOs will be reporting to the CEOs which is quite higher than the percentage in 2016 and 2017.
- A new job with a title of Data Manager will emerge in the society that will offer a better prospect. 13% of the data related posts will be done by them and will support the business analysts in a greater way. The big data will also get sorted in a managed way without any error.
- Currently, 66% of the firms are outsourcing their applications of business intelligence in a great way. It is predicted that these firms will rely on the insight service providers for some portion of the insight capabilities, as the insight subscriptions will gain a greater grip.
- Academia is about to become the best companion of the companies along with some of the new research labs like the non-profit open AI. This will tremendously help in solving a huge portion of challenging analytics. Along with it, the problems regarding the Artificial Intelligence will also get resolved to offer a better outcome.
As per the latest predictions, it is clear that the upcoming year is about to bring some great changes in the world of technology with it. The Artificial Intelligence has never stopped to amaze us with its extraordinary capabilities. Now, we can expect to see greater changes in the world with the team of AI, analytics, and big data.