Today, it has become imperative to stay competitive in the market for the success of your business. Accepting technology changes and implementing new strategies across the enterprise via smart investment decisions is the key to maintain the risk & cost balance. A flexible environment, which supports the requirements for numerous business processes can help overcome the challenges of content management and the increasing technology dependency.
Businesses are finding cloud services more comfortable to host critical business applications as compared to the traditional on-premise implementations which come with an increased cost. Microsoft SharePoint Online, Microsoft’s Office 365 cloud business solution component offers best features to any organization looking to improve the team collaboration and secure the information sharing.
SharePoint Cloud Services for development is a hybrid cloud service providing businesses with a fully managed and collaborative platform. Based on the latest Microsoft SharePoint’s version, it offers a productive, mobile and centrally governed environment for cloud services with the extranet, intranet or tailored internet functionality. Its shared platform & infrastructure with a segregated & actively controlled SharePoint environment mitigates the risk & costs to meet the integration, customization, governance and security needs of the business.
The benefits of SharePoint Cloud Migration includes:
- Increased Business Agility
Reducing the service build-out time through accelerated SharePoint deployments, it offers automatic-upgrades and free internal resources for high-value projects. The flexible scale up & down of resources keep pace with the changing business needs. Automated provisioning also ensures quick delivery & management of SharePoint development software & infrastructure.
- Lower Risks
SharePoint Migration service experts with specialized skills help implement hybrid & on-premise SharePoint cloud solutions. The regular updates and monitoring ensure high data security & sovereignty compliance via private cloud infrastructure.
- Reduced Costs
SharePoint Cloud Services help leverage existing investments in SharePoint licensing and drive cost efficiencies. It also saves different operational costs and cuts down capital expenditure with reduced on-site management & infrastructure costs. It helps to have better budget control via customized management services where you have to pay only for what you use.
Essential guidelines to securely migrate your business to SharePoint Cloud:
- Perform an initial assessment of the current content including apps & workflows for an effective migration strategy to migrate only critical resources.
- Create a new SharePoint architecture, which helps to meet user’s needs instead of reflecting only current on-premises design.
- Review your integrated systems & apps to find out what works with SharePoint Online or Office 365 version.
- First, migrate sites only for crucial business functions because it affects the employees and partners.
- Migrate other content in stages to test the apps, business workflows & sites in manageable chunks.
- Start from scratch as it will be much easier to create new SharePoint Online site collections, workflows and projects then matching the already existing functionalities.
The entire process may seem to have much time involved than one expects, but a well-planned and methodological migration will save hours of time and frustrations in the future.