My clothing shopping typically consists of visits to:
- The Thrift Store
- Forever 21
While there’s nothing wrong with these stores, as I venture deeper into my 30s, I begin to think that maybe I need to stop shopping in the discount Junior’s department.
Stepping foot into a department store shoots me with pangs of anxiety, therefore I refuse. Yes, I refuse.
Until Trunk Club.
My fantastic coworker shared this new service from Nordstrom in which you:
- Are assigned a personal stylist free of charge.
- Fill out a “style profile” of clothing that you enjoy wearing.
- Your stylist shops for you at Nordstrom, choosing items you like but also choosing items that would flatter you but that you may not otherwise choose for yourself.
- Your stylist sends you an email with a “preview” of your “trunk”.
- You receive said “trunk” in the mail with the clothing.
- You have 10 days to try on all the clothing, pick what you love and ship the remaining items back, free of charge.
- With your credit card on file, they only charge you for what you purchase.
I was intrigued, so I gave it a shot.
I ended up feeling like some posh rock star, living the life of luxury with a personal stylist.
I receive my first “trunk”, almost 10lbs of clothing, in the mail via UPS:
I open the “trunk” and am greeted with a personalized welcome, along with the name of my stylist:
I then take out the amazing clothing and try everything on while blasting the Spice Girls and having a pretend fashion show in front of the mirror:
I choose the items I love, pack up the rest and stick this pre-paid shipping return label on the trunk and drop it off at UPS (you can also schedule a pick up):
Nordstrom continues to enhance their customer experience for those that don’t even step into their stores.
After referring my sister to Trunk Club, we ran into a minor snafu. I was disappointed in how a situation was handled so I wrote to their customer support team.
Of course, my situation was responded to with the utmost care and kindness. They responded with such generosity about the situation that I could hardly be angry with them. Therefore, I am a Trunk Club fanatic for life.
What Nordstrom Does Right With Trunk Club
- No Membership Fees: This service is FREE which means it’s available to anyone who wants to try it. The doors are OPEN!
- Bring The Store to the Comfort of Your Home: Before Trunk Club, I was more than likely to never step foot in an actual Nordstrom store out of feeling inadequate. When the store comes to me, I feel at ease and more likely to make a purchase. Nice job, friends.
- Personalizing The Experience: This is JUST for me–the clothing selected are based on styles I like and they choose clothing that I would otherwise not purchase for myself but end up loving. Having that much attention makes a gal feel pretty confident!
- Exceptional Customer Service: Nordstrom says YOU matter. Your stylist cares, the customer service team cares and they treat you like a million bucks, even if you only spend $100.
Trunk Club is for guys and gals looking to enhance their wardrobe with quality pieces of clothing. Want to look stylish? Try it out through my referral link below and let me know what YOU think:
Be sure to follow Trunk Club (@TrunkClub) on Twitter!
Now, me and my stylish self have some stylish things to do. Toodles for now!