In the past, artificial intelligence may be considered a science fiction stuff. However, businesses across industries these days now are using the budding technology to make operations more efficient.
With AI, chatbots are just the beginning. Every single day, companies such as Microsoft, Google, IBM and Amazon are looking for new ways to help businesses of any kind and size to use artificial intelligence to gain a competitive edge.
MARKETERS COULD BEST LEVERAGE FROM MODERN AI CAPABILITIES
Marketers and public relations professionals could best leverage from modern artificial intelligence capabilities as well as business intelligence solutions in creative ways. From boosting the customer experience to improve productivity, the following are how marketers could make the most of AI.
Collect and act on NPS-powered customer feedback in real time to deliver amazing customer experiences at every brand touchpoint. By closing the customer feedback loop with NPS, you will grow revenue, retain more customers, and evolve your business in the process. Try it free.
1. Use chatbots to start the customer journey. In a business, chatbots could help connect with users at the start of their journey, provide guidance as well as offer new features. If a purchased is simple, bots offer a convenient, affordable way of moving customers toward the completion of a transaction. The key is to never forget to provide an easy way of transitioning to human customer service when requirements or conversations get complicated.
2. Let data drive you. Through the use of artificial intelligence, PR efforts that are data-driven are easier to develop and to implement. Artificial intelligence enables sorting through big data by building efficiencies, which fine tune band voice from controlled communication avenues to reputation management efforts. Use a monitoring tool for analyzing real-time conversations and extract key insights and phrases to raise brand awareness.
3. Automate everything not creative. Through AI, one could remove any and all manual tasks from the plate, leveraged third-party tools and enhanced internal technology to get the job done. The result would be smooth running things and more time would be used to work on more creative and higher value projects.
4. Combine human teams and artificial intelligence for better sales and service. Incorporate AI into the human customer service team. Choose the top ten sales agents and have the AI learn the best actions and responses form the overachievers. Artificial intelligence then would use that knowledge to couch underperforming agents on what they say and what they do, raising the performance level.
5. Optimize the customer journey. Making personalized website experiences is something that’s beyond human capabilities, but AI could accomplish it easily. Marketers must leverage data collection tools to get useful data about every customer. The critical data points could be used to provide an AI consumer journey that is highly personalized. On the other hand, consumers appreciate an elevated digital experience and white-glove service.
6. Find opportunities and track trends. Marketers must use tools, which scan hundreds of thousands of data points as well as surface important or relevant topics. The AI tools could help marketing and communications professionals spot fast response public relations opportunities, suggest new ideas for campaigns and content and surface important influences.
7. AI Bots to save resources and time. A little-known secret of PR professionals is news-writing bots, which create press releases and stories using AI. One could feed data as well as basic template information to the artificial intelligence platform and see it crank out draft stories while focusing on items that yield a higher-return. Using the bots take some practice but they are great tools that could help simplify the PR efforts.
8. Benchmark against industry peers and predict the future. The best use of AI for marketing and PR is to leverage benchmarks from anonymized data to see how the performance of a company stacks up against industry peers. Also, AI could use anomaly detection as well as correlative events in identifying patterns, which likely result in a future concern.
9. Using conversational AI to move from push towards pull. Research shows that consumers do not mind talking to a bot as long as it is helpful. However, consumers do mind being bombarded with intrusive marketing messages. Conversational artificial intelligence could work to a company advantage by doing timely, personalized experiences that add value beyond sale. In the digital economy these days, loyalty is king and consumers reward relationships. Conversation is one the fastest ways to get there.
10. Give bots a personality. Automation opportunities are plentiful, thus giving identity and personality to a bot while honoring human connection is paramount. AI experiences must be an extension of the voice, a chance to showcase the personality to an engaged community.
With AI advancements, machine-learning technologies could collect and organize massive amounts of information to make insights and predictions, which are far beyond manual processing capabilities. It does not only boost organizational efficiency, but dramatically reduces the chance that a critical mistake would be made. Artificial intelligence could detect irregular patterns, like payment fraud or spam filtering, as well as alert businesses in real time regarding activities that are suspicious. Businesses could train AI machines to handle incoming calls for customer support and reduce costs.