1. Rework by Jason Fried. I don’t agree with many people’s business philosophies but I love what Jason Fried stands for. As the co-founder and President of 37signals, he knows there’s real value and beauty in the basics.
2. Attention! by Jim Kukral This book has specific actions that all small businesses can take. It includes 26 ways to market your business differently, including holding a grudge and wearing funny hats!
4. The Referral Engine by John Jantsch. Most of us know how important referrals are for our business, but have no system in place to get them. John shows how to form a strategy that drives customers and partners to market for you.
6. Defy Gravity by Rebel Brown. This book is a guide to capturing your best opportunities for sustainable and profitable growth.
9. Never Get A Real Job by Scott Gerber. He shows how to build a business on your own dime and how a sense of entitlement is holding back Gen-Yers.
What were your favorite small business books of 2010?