I am a big fan of podcasts and have been listening to several for a couple of years now. You just can’t beat the education and the convience of listening on your way to work or on the road. Plus the fact that all of this is available for free is absolutely incredible.
I had been kicking around the idea of putting together a “prodcast” to talk about marketing, product management, and product marketing for sometime now. I convinced Jon Gatrell, of the Spatially Relevant blog, and Scott Sehlhorst, of the Tyner Blain blog, to join me for a trial run to see how it would work.
Collect and act on NPS-powered customer feedback in real time to deliver amazing customer experiences at every brand touchpoint. By closing the customer feedback loop with NPS, you will grow revenue, retain more customers, and evolve your business in the process. Try it free.
We picked a couple of topics, hit record and close to 45 minutes later we wrapped up the first episode. Would love to hear your thoughts on the podcast and what you would like to hear more/less of in the future.
You can listen to it here or download it directly from iTunes:
- Runtime: 44:28
- Consumer Insights and Social Media
- Social Networks Will Change Product Innovation
- Looking for patterns by listening
- Features complaints vs. market problems
- The Verizon launch of the iPhone and market feedback
- Analytics and your business process
- “To condense fact from the vapor of nuance” — Neal Stephenson
- Ethnographic research and the iPad
- Being committed to working on the data
- Ignoring the data of today to focus on the future
- Three questions that will kill innovation
- Final thoughts – “What are you reading now? ”