In this digitally connected corporate world, no business can thrive successfully without active customers’ support. Customers prefer associating with such businesses which address their concerns promptly and stand strong on their expectations. However, many small businesses and start-ups are not in the position to run in-house call center services due to lack of resources like capital and manpower. So, they avail business process outsourcing services for managing their call center division.
Once it finalizes that a company wants to hire call center services, the hunting process starts. Finding suitable and professional outsourced call center service providers is not a run-of-the-mill task; it is quite tiresome and time consuming task instead. However, if the company is crystal clear about his business requirements, it will not fall prey to “bait and switch” trick followed by many call centers to build their network.
While shortlisting any BPO services for call center, take a closer look at following factors:
- No Compromise in Quality Assurance – Every business has its certain sets of unique value propositions and expectations from business process outsourcing services. Thus, it is vital to ensure that whether outsourced partner is able to stand strong on your expectations or not. For this, hiring company needs to do extensive legwork. It needs to track down the service record of vendors, check its quality certification for national and international business processes, contact existing clients conducting business in the same line of business and take their feedback in the real-time. Once the company verifies all these points, likelihood of associating with incompetent call center subsides.
- Security Measures – It is a known fact that companies suffer huge losses in case of data theft, cyber theft, fraud, etc. Thus, it is the need of the hour to verify what all security measures offshore call center service provider are practicing. Check out their data risk mitigation policies and how they will compensate clients in case of any theft. Do not ignore physical security aspect; plan a visit at their registered address once and check physical security measures in person.
- Inadequate Communication, Co-ordination and Engagement – Businesses often lose their important clients due to lack of communication, co-ordination and engagement. Try to avoid such a mistake. From the very starting, appoint one person in your company who will communicate and co-ordinate on your company’s behalf. S/he will be a main point of contact with the outsourced call center service provider. Remain crystal clear on your expectations with respect to reporting. Encourage them to ask queries or contact you freely even at the eleventh hour of the day in case of any confusion. No wonder, both businesses will flourish if there is no confusion or miscommunication at any point.
- Determine Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) – If you are outsourcing call center services for achieving business efficiency, controlling the business cost and enhancing customer satisfaction, hiring an off shore call center will not solve your purpose. It is equally important to provide them clarity about KPI’s and measurable metrics to stand out of the competition. At the very first meeting if you provide clarity on your expectations, their KPA’s and ask them about their reporting procedures, things will never go out of the track.
- Take a Sneak Peek about Training Programs – If agents are not sensitized business information adequately, they will never satisfy and bring a smile on the face of anxious customers. For this, it is necessary that call center runs comprehensive training programs on a regular basis for their agents. Well-informed as well as trained agents are indispensable for achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction. And there is no way better than checking the quality of training by attending and observing it personally.
- Business Size – It makes sense to offshore call center services to such a company who is either equal or bigger than your business size. Reason being, choosing too small vendor will not deliver services on time and eventually negate the benefits of outsourcing. On the other hand, bigger size companies will accommodate your growing business needs adequately and eliminate the hassle of finding another vendor in case of business expansion. So, stick with such call center which befits the present and future business requirements of a company adequately.
- Global Reach – If your business client base is international, then it makes sense to outsource call center services to such partner who is already offering international business process outsourcing services. It is because such call center always employs multilingual and trained personnel, who hold relevant experience of handling international customers. It goes without saying that when the trained and multilingual staff handles customers’ queries; customer satisfaction is bound to achieve.
- Money Does Matter – Companies offering outsourced call center services have different pricing strategies. Some companies charge on per minute basis while some on hourly basis. Many charge rate on per agent basis and some take into consideration factors like software usage also along with aforementioned factors. So, make sure to ask the offshore call center solution providers to remain transparent on their pricing policies so that the cost falls within your estimated budget. And do not forget the art of negotiation before settling down finally.
- Investment in Technology – Does the outsourced call center partner has relevant technology to meet your business requirements? If no, there is no point in initiating business relations. Make it a point to hire outsourced call center services of such vendors or companies who are keen to invest in technology as the need arises. It is because technology which is in demand today may become obsolete tomorrow. Therefore, companies with sound capital and attitude to invest in technology are good to go ahead with.
Last but not the least; sign a written agreement with your outsourced partner for availing call center services as lip service is not legally enforceable. Check all major points pertaining to cost, training programs and performance metrics and ensure that the points are in sync with agreed discussion.
If you really think that hiring business process outsourcing service pertaining to call center solutions is not your cup of tea, allow Livesalesman to be your outsourced partner. The company has been offering multilingual sales and customer support solutions over a decade and holds sound reputation in the industry. The company has been enacting as offshore call center for both national and international clients and offering services at affordable prices. For more details, speak to the company experts today!