4 Tips to Better Lead Generation or Mortgage Professionals
Lead Generation is an important first step in the mortgage sales process. It opens up awareness about your company and attracts potential customers into the beginning of the sales funnel.
Are you a loan officer, consultant, mortgage processor? No matter where your job is seated within the mortgage industry, it is still useful to have at least a basic understanding of how lead generation works, and can benefit your business.
Here are 4 tips on how to start generating leads:
KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE
Do you know who your audience is and what they are looking for? If you don’t know anything bout the people you are trying to target, you won’t be able to connect with them. Here are some questions to ask yourself to help get started on learning more about your audience:
• What are goals and problems my customers have and how is my product/service going to solve that for them?
• What most influences my customers decisions? What would most interest them?
• What are the channels that my audience uses the most in order to look at my product or contact me about problems ( eg. Social media, phone, email etc.)?
Use the information you find from your research on personas to formulate a proper marketing approach that will help you best reach your audience.
USE DIFFERENT CHANNELS
The more ways you have for people to contact you, the more leads that you are likely to get. Types of channels include:
• A clean, updated, responsive website that is easy to navigate
• A company blog
• Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Instagram, Linkedin)
• Print media
• Trade shows
Marketing and sales methods are changing at a rapid pace, to adapt with customer needs and responses. In the past decade alone, marketing and sales have seen a shift from mostly an outbound focus, to a mostly inbound focus. Inbound, meaning, customers are reaching out to companies because they find them desirable. Keep up with current methods, topics or other changes within your industry to stay on top of your competitors.
CONNECT CONNECT CONNECT
Networking is important for both businesses and individuals in building success and wealth. For people in the mortgage industry, here are some professionals you might to think about connecting with:
• Real estate agents or companies
• Carpet cleaners
• Credit repair agencies
• Property managers
• Relocation companies
4 Easy Steps to Live Transfer Mortgage Leads
Live transfer can be a big time saver for mortgage companies following up on leads. It takes the burden of sifting through potential customers away, and leaves only those leads that are ready to make a sale. Here are four simple steps to the mortgage live transfer process:
1. LEAD GENERATION – Leads are collected through a variety of sources (eg. phone, landing pages, web contact forms etc.)
2. LEAD QUALIFICATION – Leads are followed-up so they can be qualified. If the leads meet the right criteria they move to the live transfer stage.
3. LIVE TRANSFER – Only the best and most qualified leads that meet the your qualification requirements, and are warm leads, will be passed on to a member of your team. This increases efficiency and cuts down on call handling time by your team.
4. CLOSING – Your team is then only responsible for making the sale.
Fun Fact: Did you know, 63% of consumers requesting information will wait at least 3 months before making a purchase?