CustomerThink Founder Bob Thompson interviews Michael Wu, Lithium’s Principal Scientist of Analytics, about gamification and how it applies in business.
Key discussion topics:
- What is gamification, and why it should be more than “points and badges”
- How gamification can drive benefits like user engagement, collaboration and adoption
- The critical role of analytics to fairly reward “players” at the optimal time
- How to avoid pitfalls like “over justification” that can decrease user motivation
- Applications in enterprise software, social applications, education, and more!
Interview recorded Nov. 29, 2011.
Further Reading: Gamification: From Behavior Model to Business Strategy