I’ve talked before in this blog about the power of personalization in B2B lead generation. Personalized marketing is tailored to an individual customer’s personal journey with a brand and their stage in the buying cycle, using data analysis and digital technologies to craft timely messages and offers. Really great personalization can create a deep and positive relationship between a customer and a brand, and it’s a trend that isn’t going away anytime soon. So what does good personalization look like? Well, it can take many forms, but this infographic by Localytics features examples of 6 apps that have nailed the art of the personalized push – and what they offer to their customers. If your company doesn’t have an app, many of these can also be offered via automated emails. Let’s take a look.
- Shipping and delivery confirmations. The Etsy app offers users a brief notification that their package has been delivered. It’s a quick, useful piece of information that users will appreciate.
- Updates based on user activity. The Medium app sends users notification based on their past activity in the app – for example, users who listen to a specific podcast receive updates when a new season is released.
- Notifications celebrating and encouraging user achievements. Pandora’s app will keep track of the music a user listens to, let them know when they reached a goal, and offer a new goal based on their activity. This encourages more engagement with the brand in a playful way.
- Scheduling notifications. The Eat24 app combines their order confirmation notification with a specific estimated time for delivery, giving them peace of mind and helping them feel like a priority.
- Calls to action based on past activity. Trip Advisor’s app uses past user activity to offer reminders and recommendations based on the customer’s own past searches or bookings.
- Celebrating user benchmarks. People like to feel good about themselves – Twitter’s app will let users know when they reach social milestones and offer congratulations.
Personalizing your lead generation can offer some great payoff, accelerate your sales funnel and gain you some customer loyalty. How are you personalizing your lead generation? Which techniques have been working for you? Let me know in the comments!