- First you’ll need to qualify the prospects inclination and ability to buy. There’s no point in selling to somebody who doesn’t want to buy, or have the budget.
- Next you’ll need to agree some kind of buy/sell process in which you and the prospect collaborate, agreeing how particular products will meet her aspirations, at a price she things is fair value, and makes you a profit.
- Paperwork is always the stumbling block sales reps forget. Who’s contract will you use – buyers or sellers? And who needs to approve the choice?
- When will you decide to cut your losses and walk away if the deal starts to go wrong?
- Once you’ve won the deal, how will customer satisfaction be guaranteed?
- Once the customer is happy, how will you leverage your success into even bigger wins?
Republished with author's permission from original post.