Following my post on B2B Marketers craving the adrenaline rush of social media, here are three interesting infographics to further explore how effective B2B marketers are in employing social media:
How B2B Marketers are Scoring Big with Social Media
Still wondering why all the fuss over social media in the B2B world? Read this infographic first especially if are are just starting to incorporate social media into your B2B lead generation strategy. Here are some of the highlights::
- Participation in social media marketing by B2B marketers has increased over 90% as compared with 2010
- Breaking the stereotype – even though we normally associate social media with B2C, overall B2B marketers are more likely to have more social media experience than their B2B counterparts
- This infographic claims B2B marketers are seeing “phenomenal results” and are “outpacing” B2C – If you are a regular reader of my blog, I am sure you will know I am skeptical with this statement and need to see more evidence to support this.
- The top 5 social media tools used by B2B marketers are: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube/Video, LinkedIn, Blogs
For 2012, B2B marketers want to learn more about measuring the effectiveness of social media, converting activities to sales and discovering the best social media tactics. Click on the preview below to view the full image.
Selling Through Social Media to Close More Leads
By know, we all know social media must be a part of a lead generation strategy but we want to know – how do we use social media to increase sales? This infographic attempts to answer that question. Do the statistics below convince you.
- Percentage of B2B companies actively using social media: Facebook – 90% Twitter – 53% LinkedIn – 47% Blogging – 33%
- 41% of B2B companies using Facebook report generating leads
- 67% more “leads” per month for companies who have an active blog [note, I use the term “leads” as used in the infographic. In my view, it is probably more accurate to use the term “inquiries” in this context]
- LinkedIn generates more leads than Facebook, Twitter or B2B blogs
- IBM reported a 400% increase in sales during its first quarter tied to a pilot program of social selling
- 55% of the survey respondents said they search for information on social media
Click on the preview below to view the full infographic.
A Look Ahead: 2012 Social Media Marketing Industry Report
Finally, using information from Social Media Examiner’s Social Media Marketing Industry Report, this last infographic looks at what is ahead in 2012:
- a significant 83% of marketers indicate social media is important for their business
- measurement and targeting are top areas marketers want to focus on in 2012
- video marketing holds the top spot for future plans
- marketers want to learn more about Google+ in 2012
- the top 3 benefits of using social media are: 1. generating more business exposure; 2. increasing traffic; 3. providing marketplace insight
How are you using social media as part of your B2B lead generation strategy. Do you have any good examples to share? Please comment below.