In this phase of digitalization, the market has witnessed the stratospheric evolution of business since the last decade. The modern entrepreneur always looks forward to technology for business advancements. The competitive market environment and technology elevation have inducted a customer-centric approach for commercial transactions. This has resulted in the emergence of e-commerce store that offers increased customer potential through global distinctness.
Today, the dynamics of shopping have shifted from bricks and mortar to online stores. This is because of a number of conveniences online shopping provides to the shoppers. Few of them are:
- can easily compare prices and product quality by simply navigating from on web pages,
- can find a wide selection of products across a number of online stores
- get the best discounts and deals that reduce the price of the products
- can read the reviews of other shoppers and make a smart decision while shopping
- can shop anytime from anywhere
- finds online shopping comfortable and time-saving process
- no crowded shops/malls
- can easily send gifts at a specific address of their loved ones
There is no secret that the success of an e-commerce business is directly linked to the customer experience. Therefore, building an e-commerce store that runs on customer-centric strategies can give your business an edge over the competition.
It is very important for businesses to focus on their customers and strategies revolving around them. First and foremost, the ultimate customer-centric e-commerce tactics are what makes your online store a celebrated brand. So, thriving customer preferences, delivering quality products on time, and offering the best customer-services are crucial for e-commerce business success. After all its about pleasing your customers and retaining them.
However, entrepreneurs are still unaware of what tactics to consider while building a customer-centric online store. We have discussed some e-commerce tactics that are adopted by many successful e-commerce stores to engage their customers and provide a user-friendly experience to them.
1. Know Customer Expectations– For running a successful e-commerce business, the crucial aspect is to understand your customers’ requirements. Once you know customer expectations you need to meet, it becomes easy to create customer-centric strategies.
2. Streamline Customer Scenarios– Be sure to offer simple shopping procedures to your customers. This is because complex scenarios often decline customer engagement rate which means you will lose potential customers.
3. Mobile-Friendly Design– Salesforce stats reveals that around 90% of today’s e-commerce business believe mobile shopping is the core of their business. So, it has become the need of the hour to develop your e-commerce store with mobile-friendly as well as mobile responsive designs.
4. User-Friendly Environment– To keep your e-commerce store popular among customers, make sure it is built with amazing UX/UI that provides a user-friendly environment to your shoppers.
5. Co-creation of Values– Build an effective customer retention strategy for your e-commerce business. Understand your customers and then implement the fusion of customer-centric ideas to co-create customer values.
6. Build Long-Term Relationships– Great customer service and quality customer interaction are essential for building long-term relationships with your customers. This is the best way to retain your customers and stand out from your competitors.
7. Digital Engagement– Dive into technology and digital strategies that will engage your customers and gives your online store a prominent brand exposure.
8. Niche Cybersecurity Solutions– Build your e-commerce store with cybersecurity solutions that reduce the risks of cyber attacks and shields your business from cyber threats. Hence, you can ensure 100% security of the private data and related information of our customers. This will further aid in gaining the trust of customers.
These are the common tactics that give your online business a customer-centric approach. Before proceeding to how to build a customer-centric e-commerce store, let’s discuss why it is important to put your customers on top priority.
Benefits Of Building A Customer-Centric Online Store:
- Keeps a customer satisfied
- Provide customers with consistently best-in-class experiences
- Get loyal customers
- Build high customer relationship value
- A wide range of global audience
- Win trust of customers
- Take advantage of ‘Word Of Mouth’ marketing
- Drive business growth
- Get brand recognization
- Boost conversion rate
- Generate high revenues at a rapid pace
These benefits reveal the importance of focusing on customer engagement, user-satisfaction, and customer experience. So, make sure your e-commerce business model spins around customers in the changing business landscape.
Now, when you know the perks of customer-obsessed strategies, let’s read how to build a customer-centric e-commerce store.
1. Intuitive Interface: Make sure your e-commerce store is omnichannel i.e. it has an intuitive interface that is responsive on various platforms like mobile, laptop, desktop, MacBook etc. The attractive and simple design of your e-commerce store will aid customers to actively connect to your online store.
2. Hold On AI Technology: Artificial Intelligence has become an integral part of an e-commerce store. Chatbots, Customer Relationship Management System and IoT powers customer-centric approach for entrepreneurs. So, AI delivers reliable customer-experience and present profound customer services.
3. Customer Appreciation: In the e-commerce business, loyal customers are the best customers. And, to build a sustainable online store, it is important to appreciate your customers from time to time. So, offer a personalized customer experience, present referral coupons, and VIP coupons, implement customer reward programs, etc. to retain your customers. Implement powerful customer-retention strategies, to fuel your online business.
4. High User Accessibility: Let your customers enjoy shopping at your e-commerce store. Ease to explore products, filter the choices under a selective price scale, streamlines checkout process aids to prolonged customer engagement. Hence, building an e-commerce store with high user accessibility plays an important role in improving the shopping experience.
5. Multiple Payment Methods: Integrating various payment options enhance the shopping experience for customers. Let your customers make payments via cash (on delivery), PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Google Pay, other digital methods. This provides high convenience and optimizes user experience.
6. On-Time Delivery: It is crucial to offer a realistic delivery schedule for your customers. On-time delivery boosts your brand reputation, builds customer confidence and deliver customer satisfaction. Therefore, an efficient shipping system helps to build a customer-centric e-commerce store.
7. Stay Committed: “Do What You Say” is a brilliant way for the customer-centric approach for an e-commerce store. Staying committed to your promises such as high product quality, no hidden charges, and on-time delivery, allowing customers to redeem benefits/offers.
To Sum It Up
So, the above-mentioned factors play a significant role to build a customer-focused online store. Today, shopping is all about experience and comfort. Therefore, entrepreneurs must design their approach to delivering an unforgettable shopping experience to users.