The Bateman Group
Performance and Talent Management Solution Provider Sees Strong Customer and Partner Momentum in 2006
San Mateo, Calif. February 6, 2007—Enkata, a leading provider of on demand performance and talent management solutions, reported a record year in 2006, led by over 200% year over year bookings increase in Q4. This dramatic increase was driven by a doubling of Enkata’s customer base, as well the development of several strategic partnerships, such as its selection for the respected Avaya DeveloperConnection program.
Performance and talent management is one of the fastest-growing software categories. Its rapid growth has been driven by management desire to increase the productivity and morale of their employees. Enkata’s solutions help contact center and back office managers unleash employee potential by automating daily/ weekly performance assessments and improving coaching effectiveness.
Enkata’s fiscal 2006 results included the following pivotal events:
· Key executive appointment—David Stamm, a software industry and technology veteran with a proven ability to create products that succeed in the contact center market, was appointed president and CEO of the company. Prior to Enkata, Mr. Stamm founded Clarify, which in 1994 became the first public company to occupy the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) space.
· Strong sales growth—Enkata nearly tripled the Q4 bookings from Q4 of 2005, fueling a 100% percent year-over-year increase in customer acquisitions.
· Major customer wins—The company more than doubled its customer base by adding customers in the healthcare, financial services and telecom industries, including a leading provider of equity administration services, Mellon Investor Services, LLC.
· Business and industry recognition—Enkata won a Stevie® Award in the Best New Software Product category in the 4th annual American Business Awards. In addition, Enkata was also listed as a sample vendor in Gartner’s 2006 Hype Cycles for both Contact Center Infrastructure  and Customer Service and Field Service. 
· Multiple Strategic Partnerships—The company entered into several strategic partnerships, including one with Avaya Inc., a leading global provider of business communications applications, system and services. Avaya selected Enkata for membership in its DeveloperConnection program.
“2006 was a year of significant achievement for Enkata across the board: sales and revenue growth, customer acquisition and business and industry recognition,” said David Stamm, president and CEO of the company. “It is an indicator not only of the robustness of our solutions, but also of the validity of the performance and talent management market. We look forward to continuing this momentum in 2007.”
About Mellon Investor Services
Mellon Investor Services, a subsidiary of Mellon Financial Corporation, is a leading provider of equity administration services in North America with more than 1,300 corporate clients, representing 20 million shareholder accounts worldwide and approximately 1.3 million optionees/employee stock plan participants for small, middle-market and Fortune 500 corporations. Additional information about Mellon Investor Services is available at www.melloninvestor.com.
Based in San Mateo, Calif., Enkata is a leading provider of performance and talent management solutions for customer facing employees. Offered on demand, Enkata is the only solution that combines employee performance management, analytics, and operational reporting powered by its Smart Metrics. Enkata’s solution enables large and medium-sized centers to increase the productivity of their employees by 20-30% annually. Today, leading Global 2000 companies rely on Enkata to better manage the performance their employees. For more information, visit www.enkata.com or call (650) 227-6500.
# # #
 Gartner, Inc., “Hype Cycle for Contact Center Infrastructure, 2006”, by B. Elliott et al, July 13, 2006.
 Gartner, Inc., “Hype Cycle for CRM Customer Service and Field Service”, by M. Maoz et al, June 26, 2006.