As we get so deep in the workings of our business, we forget to ask how our people are doing, and worse, we forget to care. I know for some, management doesn’t know what’s going on in the frontline. Either because nobody from below tells them what’s happening or all management wanted to hear is the bottomline.
If we stop to care, then most likely we’re driving our customers crazy. So watch out for these signs, most of which are our own doing:
- Let customers go through a long and arduous, often repetitive procedures in order to be served. Read about it here.
- Require customers present a multitude of documents before service is processed. Here in the Philippines, before we can open a bank account, we need to present 3 valid IDs!
- Ask customers questions that we already know the answers.
- Give customers the run-around. We are not or our system is not direct and upfront so that the customers get confused and don’t know what the procedure really is.
- Use “It’s company’s policy” as an excuse to non-service or non-accommodation of customer requests.
What drives you crazy?